Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Marshmallow update - LG G4

B-12345
11: Established

Hi,

after doing the android 6.0 update, the phone is stuck on the vodafone logo when booting. How can I fix this?

Regards.

30 REPLIES 30

B-12345

It was strange because it all worked, even after optimising apps and then starting android. On the final reboot the voda logo got stuck.

Vodafone live chat quoted '24 - 48 hours'

Hi,

If I send off my phone for repair, do I need to be worried about personal data? What happens to accounts that I was logged into on the phone? Does the phone get wiped as soon as they start (it has a software issue)?

Regards

drey_p
16: Advanced member

For any repair, they will wipe the phone completely.

PWIAC

B-12345

So I don't need to worry?

drey_p

@B-12345 wrote:

So I don't need to worry?

They will wipe your phone completely regardless of what the repair is.  It is the first thing they do.  Also, as your issue appears to be firmware related, they will flash the device with the latest firmware and completely wipe it. 

PWIAC

B-12345

So I dont need to worry about any of my data being comprimised? And then Android Marshmallow be installed too?

Thank you for the quick replies :Smiling:

drey_p

It is unlikely that your data will be compromised.

Marshmallow should be installed, however, it is possible that the device may be rolled back to Lollipop.  (All this talk of sweets is getting me peckish LOL)

PWIAC

B-12345

Okay that's pretty promising then! I was rather excited for the features!!

Hi,

If I send off my phone for repair, do I need to be worried about personal data? What happens to accounts that I was logged into on the phone? Does the phone get wiped as soon as they start (it has a software issue)?

Regards

Hi,

Regards