Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Phone won't turn on

NicolaSteenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm really not sure how or where to start posting as it's my first time on the forum. I have a Vodafone smart 4 mini, not used if for a couple of months as I use it for going abroad. To the point... I have plugged the phone into the charger and it won't switch on. Power light is on but nothing happening with phone. Any suggestions? Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The battery has almost certainly gone flat and it's possible it'll no longer accept charge.   Just about the only thing you can try is to plug it in for about 30 minutes, then unplug and wait for an hour or so.  Finally, give it a soak charge for 24 hours.  That sometimes kicks it back into life, but the charge life is likely to be impaired, so keep a careful watch on levels.

Does the Smart 4 mini have a user-replaceable battery?  If it does, you may be better off with a replacement.  If it doesn't, getting it replaced will probably cost more than a new device.

Scraps200
1: Seeker
I have a new Vodafone smart 7 and it would not turn on after charge the light was on to show it was charging

I held the on bottom with the volume up for a good 30 seconds and it cleared the light tocrnable me to turn on

I know it's different phone but this worked on my kindle also

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Scraps200 So we can take a closer look at the phone and investigate this, please visit your nearest store