Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM not provisioned:2 ?

km-x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

recently took out a blackberry bold 9780 contract with vodafone, the phone has been working fine, but has just showed sos at the signal and SIM not provisioned:2 where the Vodafone UK would normally be, does anyone know wat this means? or if the problem will just fix itself and go away ? i need urgent help please !?

11 REPLIES 11

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

SIM not Provisioned 2 means your SIM needs activating and your BIS provisioned.

A quick call to Customer Care and you will be on the network.  You will be able to find the number for calling Customer Care from an alternative phone on the website.

but the sim already was activated, because i have been using it as normal then today it just went like that ?

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi km-x,

I’d like to with big warm welcome to the eForum :Smiling:

Hmm odd so you were using BIS services then all of a sudden it stopped.  Sound like we may need to look into this for you.

So that we can, I've sent an email to your registered eForum address, if you could reply back with the details we need and we can look into your account and tell you why this is happening and fix it.

Thanks
BenJ

eForum Team 

i need some help my phone is not working because of sim provisioned 2, and i cant even get through to ring vodafone as i dont have another phone :Sad_face:

Hi sarahmiller0101,

Many thanks for your post here and welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

As you query will require access to your account I have sent you a quick email, please reply with your details and I will be able to get one of our team to take a look at this for you.

James

eForum Team

If you have any comments on how I have handled your query today, please complete our short customer feedback survey.

I've had the sim card for months, and my BIS was meant to run out today and i didnt want it back on for a while. But randomly it came up with SOS and SIM not provisioned.

I want my network back on! i can't even ring customer service as i haven't got any other phone.

i need help. anyone?

if this isn't sorted im changing network and i will never recommend this network to anyone ever again.

Hi there chinadolloxox,

Many thanks for your post about the BlackBerry service (BIS) on your number.

The fact that the service has not been renewed should not affect your ability to connect to the Vodafone network. The trouble is, you won't be able to access BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) email or App World on your device without it.

More information about our BlackBerry services can be found here - BlackBerry on Vodafone PAYG. You can cancel the service by calling 40035.

In terms of there being no service (SOS) on the device; could you try pilling the battery out and replacing, please? If this doesn't work then please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

The 'SIM not provisioned: 2' message normally appears when there is no BIS attached or if the SIM is faulty. You can try the SIM in another handset and if there's still no connection then I expect this will be your problem. To rectify the faulty SIM issue you have three options:

• Obtain a new SIM from your local store
  • Call 191 from your mobile or 08700 776655 where we'll be able to send one to you by 1st class post
  • Follow the instructions in my PM which can be found here. Once we have your details we'll be in touch as soon as we can to send you a replacement SIM.

Cheers,

Lee

VasukeySivathasan
1: Seeker

Hi, my blackberry bold 9900 has been working fine for 1 and a half years and now suddenly it says Sim not provisioned:2 and it hasn't been letting me attend calls or text. what do i do to make it return to normal again? Please reply soon as I need my phone for daily use!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi VasukeySivathas..., 

If you haven't made any changes to your account, it sounds like the SIM is now faulty.  

Pop into a Vodafone store and they'll be able to replace it for you. 

Thanks, 

Phil