Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 USB "bug"

DJNW
2: Seeker

If anyone else has had trouble connecting their device via USB - you might want to check the USB settings in Settings/Storage - when I checked mine, neither MTP nor PTP was selected.

Tick MTP and you should be good to go.

20 REPLIES 20

Actually there is no USB Mass Storage option, just two other. Can you help with that?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That option would normally come up on the PC when you first connect the device.  I always choose Mass Storage (treats the device as an external drive) as it offers the greatest flexibility - all actions are initiated from the PC end.   You get the choice because Windows detects a camera and needs to know whether you want to have it transfer new content automatically.

The problem is that the only options i get is MPT or PTP conection, i choose MTP but its detected like a cellphone and not an external drive. I want to recover some files because i reseted the phone and forgot to backup but i need to set USB MASS STORAGE so i can do that

@didibididi

Have you tried this on another PC?

Hi, My Smart Ultra 6 has recently upgraded to the latest operating system provided by Vodafone, since when I find that my Windows 10 PC fails to recognise the phone either in MTP or PTP mode (selection made on the drop-down screen as there is no such option to be found in the Settings/Storage & USB tab. Am I missing a driver somewhere? Do I need to re-download and instal Android 6.0.1?

Help please!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@borderhoppa

That's odd. I'd recommend removing and the reinstalling the update.

Thanks Sukhi, a techie in Colchester Vodafone store today recommended using 'Developer Options/select USB configuration' in order to set MTP/PTP as USB config, but that hasn't worked either.

The message I get in PC Device Manager is "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" so I maybe need to find out how delete the current device configuration information and restart the instal process on the PC. 

In the meantime, can you give me a quick guide as to how to remove the Marshmallow update from my phone and then re-instal it? Thanks, Andy

Post script: Decided to attack the problem from the Windows angle and discovered the following Microsoft Answers thread:- > https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/solved-mtp-not-working-on-wind... <. For me, the important trick was to make sure that the Vodafone device was connected and showing in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark before you instal the generic MTP > .inf< file. Then it worked a treat and my Smart Ultra 6 is now re-connected via USB. Eureka! Self-help Rules!

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@borderhoppa

Thanks for letting us know you've managed to resolve this issue :Smiling:

amrmohallel

Edit - Irrelevant answer. Got the problem wrong

george79
1: Seeker
hello I would like to ask you something. just got the mobile are days that I have. I can not be in the mobile connection to the TV to see where I have a saved a video.