Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony M5 - canot unlock it with the supplied code from vodafone

mnessapour
3: Seeker

I have bought a Sony M5 and I requeted a NUC code from vodafone. I recieved 2 and none work when I try to unlock my phone. I have sent many emails and even been to the shop. The techie guy checked it and finally sent it to the vodafone repair center.The phone was returned without being fixed. I finally sent it to Sony and received it back after 2 weeks and tried the code that vodafone supplied but would not unlock my phone. I would not advise anyone to buy a locked phone and Thinking of leaving vodafone since I belive that they are not bothered to find a soultion for my phone. The techie guy was telling me that I should buy unlocked phones from carphone warehouse not vodafone and I was surprised to hear that.They should start thinking the next step and replace my phone or if they cannot deal with it, then a refund. I will leave vodafone after this is reolved and will not recommend them to anyone. They need to train the staff to be more technical and resolve the issue and help he customers.so i dont know who to turn to ? vodafone says it is Sony who deals with it and Sony says it is vodafone who deals with NUC codes. I have tried both and still no solution? I dont know what will be next.....

21 REPLIES 21

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @mnessapour

When you insert an active Non Vodafone SIM card to invoke the pop up insert code box are you 100% keying the code in correctly. 

Vodafone have unlock codes in their system banks but do occasionally have to ask the manufacturer for the code sometimes. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

mnessapour
Yes. I have used the correct one supplied to me. Maybe vodafone has given me the wrong nuc.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You could speak with Vodafone Live Chat as they can provide a specific email address so thst you can liaise with Vodafone Nuc Resolutions. 

Current Phone  >

mnessapour
I have dealt with them so many times but no resolution yet after 2 months.

BandOfBrothers

@mnessapour wrote:
I have dealt with them so many times but no resolution yet after 2 months.

:Sad_face:

This eforum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. We have members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Hello tech team,

I think that I have spent enough time with your call cebter and replying to emails from NUC team and seeing no correct resolution to fix my phone. The NUC codes are supplied by you and you have them on your system. Sony doesnot directly gove the codes to customers. " months is a long time to recive the right NUC code for the same model. has NUC team ever thought that they are sending wrong codes and double check the models and if the codes are applicable to the phone model I have. I have even asked your tech team in one of your branches to try and seen that the NUC code was not working..so what should I do? wait for another 2 months or maybe another couple of months and the reponse would be that your warranty is out and we canot support you..

Hello @mnessapour,

Have you had a chance to complete the form that @Retired-Cara_B has provided in private message?

If you have, let me know your reference number and I can get this chased up for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I dont know where to get the form from. this site is not very user friendly..

regards.

Moussa

Hello @mnessapour

In the top right hand corner of the page there is a "Messages" tab. Please click here, and in your inbox with be a message from Cara the Vodafone Tech Team. Please complete the form in the message. 

Louise