Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sumsung A5 wifi calling

John1956
4: Newbie

Does anybody know how to turn on the wifi calling on the A5 please?

I have been assured that my plan is enabled for wifi calling, I have looked everywhere on the phone but can't find anything relevant.

This is the second phone that vodafone have promised faithfully that would support wifi calling, I am begining to doubt that they have any idea of what they are doing!

regards,

John

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

If it's the A5 (2016 and 2017) edition and been supplied directly by Vodafone then it should work. You may need to contact customer service on 191 or Live Chat to have the feature activated on your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.  According to the Vodafone shop wifi calling is enabled on my plan, but I will try calling 191.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

Customer Services on 191 should be able to jolt the service into being properly activated. They may need to remove and re add it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes I have.  I even took the phone to the Vodafone shop and they manage it.  I then went to the Samsung shop and they couldn't do it either.

63johnw
Sounds like it needs a firmware update from Vodafone, hopefully one of the team here will be able to offer some help.