Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Branding

fatdog
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, all.

I'm new to the community today so I hope I'm posting in the right area.

I have purchased 2 blackberries, 1 is a Curve 9320 and the other a torch 9860.

They are both unlocked from vodafone and have proven to be so.

I have removed any possibility of remaining IT policies and updated the firmware using Blackberry Desktop software and even un-installed/re-intalled the OS using BBH Tool, however, the vodafone splash screen still displays at phone start-up and shut-down. This doesn't seem to affect functionality but from an aesthetics point it would be nice to be able to remove it since the phones will be used with another network. Is there a way they can be removed ?

The splash screen software seems to be hard-coded in somewhere separately from the OS.

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @fatdog

Vodafone imo wouldn't be able to help or guide you to remove the splash screen as it was placed there as part.of their own firmware. 

Sometimes installing a custom Rom helps remove all or.parts of what's known as bloatware. XdaDevelopers is a good site to read.

Be aware any avenues you take along these lines is at your sole responsibility. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@BandOfBrothers Those phones are not Android handsets and so XDA and custom roms don't apply.

They are the older Blackberry software phones.

I had something similar a few years ago with an unlocked O2 BB curve. There was no way of removing the splash screen.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

OK thanks for your advice .