Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

blackshuck
4: Newbie
Updated the o.s. on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 from Lollypop to Marshmallow this morning .
Several apps .including eBay and BBC weather dissapeared - l reinstalled them , but now they won't work - get message saying they have stopped .
They worked fine before the o.s. upgrade .
Anyone else getting this problem ?
68 REPLIES 68

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. First thing to try is a factory reset which will get rid of any bits of the old firmware, you can then set up your phone as if new. Remember to back up anything you want to keep first though.

blackshuck
Turned phone on this morning , uninstalled problem apps , then re- installed them - SUCCESS ! They now seem to work OK ....

BandOfBrothers

@blackshuck wrote:
Turned phone on this morning , uninstalled problem apps , then re- installed them - SUCCESS ! They now seem to work OK ....

Awesome news. 

Sometimes it can take a little while for the apps to adjust when a Firmware update occurs or they need an update as the developer has adjusted them to be compatible with the new Os. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

davroa
1: Seeker

Since updating to Marshmallow I've found that none of my desktop widgets will load. Usually get continuous circular arrows but nothing loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no different. In particular, Month widget, weather widgets will not work.

Has anyone had similar problems or does anyone have any idea how to sort out this problem?

Thanks

davroa

63johnw
Hi. Did you do a factory reset after the update? If you are having problems following an update it is recommended as it gets rid of any remnants of the old firmware.

BandOfBrothers

Check in the PlayStore to see if any updates are pending too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

blackshuck
Hi Davroa
As I mentioned above , after updating the OS to Marshmallow ,
I " lost " several apps ( including Ebay and BBC weather ) .
I reinstalled them , but they wouldn't run , just coming up with a message saying the app had stopped .
I reported all the problem apps , then turned my phone off .
When I turned it back on a short time later , I got a message as it was booting up saying " 6 apps have been optimised " .
I thought that maybe now they would work , but they were still the same .However , after turning the phone off overnight , when I turned it back on in the morning , they all worked OK .

davroa
1: Seeker
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid having to do a factory reset if at all possible.

ddavidu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm having a problem with the headphone socket since the update. Its OK with a 3 ring jack that is standard on a pair of earphones, but 2 ring ones that go from the phone to an external speaker or an aux in socket in a car, doesn't get recognised. I've tried various cables that work with others phones in the household, factory reset the phone, but the problem still exists. Other forums, including the Vodafone New Zealand community have highlighted the problem as well
Are Vodafone aware and are they working on a fix?
Thanks