Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Other OS discussion

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 update to Marshmallow - app problems

3: Seeker Silver
Updated the o.s. on my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 from Lollypop to Marshmallow this morning .
Several apps .including eBay and BBC weather dissapeared - l reinstalled them , but now they won't work - get message saying they have stopped .
They worked fine before the o.s. upgrade .
Anyone else getting this problem ?
View more options
61 REPLIES
17: Community Champion
Hi. First thing to try is a factory reset which will get rid of any bits of the old firmware, you can then set up your phone as if new. Remember to back up anything you want to keep first though.
View more options
Turned phone on this morning , uninstalled problem apps , then re- installed them - SUCCESS ! They now seem to work OK ....
View more options

blackshuck wrote:
Turned phone on this morning , uninstalled problem apps , then re- installed them - SUCCESS ! They now seem to work OK ....

Awesome news. 

Sometimes it can take a little while for the apps to adjust when a Firmware update occurs or they need an update as the developer has adjusted them to be compatible with the new Os. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
1: Seeker

Since updating to Marshmallow I've found that none of my desktop widgets will load. Usually get continuous circular arrows but nothing loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no different. In particular, Month widget, weather widgets will not work.

Has anyone had similar problems or does anyone have any idea how to sort out this problem?

Thanks

davroa

View more options
Hi. Did you do a factory reset after the update? If you are having problems following an update it is recommended as it gets rid of any remnants of the old firmware.
View more options

Check in the PlayStore to see if any updates are pending too. 

IMG_0985.JPG

View more options
Hi Davroa
As I mentioned above , after updating the OS to Marshmallow ,
I " lost " several apps ( including Ebay and BBC weather ) .
I reinstalled them , but they wouldn't run , just coming up with a message saying the app had stopped .
I reported all the problem apps , then turned my phone off .
When I turned it back on a short time later , I got a message as it was booting up saying " 6 apps have been optimised " .
I thought that maybe now they would work , but they were still the same .However , after turning the phone off overnight , when I turned it back on in the morning , they all worked OK .

View more options
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid having to do a factory reset if at all possible.
View more options
2: Seeker Bronze
I'm having a problem with the headphone socket since the update. Its OK with a 3 ring jack that is standard on a pair of earphones, but 2 ring ones that go from the phone to an external speaker or an aux in socket in a car, doesn't get recognised. I've tried various cables that work with others phones in the household, factory reset the phone, but the problem still exists. Other forums, including the Vodafone New Zealand community have highlighted the problem as well
Are Vodafone aware and are they working on a fix?
Thanks
View more options

@davroa 

Please try the suggestions from@63johnw and @BandOfBrothers

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

@ddavidu

If you're still experiencing issues with the headphone socket and would like to get it fixed, you can take your device into store for repair. Our Repairs team will be happy to look into this for you.

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze
The problem isn't the headphone socket, its the update that has caused a problem with jacks with only 2 rings. Many others with the Ultra Smart 6 are having this problem.
View more options

Definately the problem is with the update not the phone. Before this I could connect my phone to my stereo with an aux cable. Now the phone does not recognise a cable has been attached but it is fine with headphones. Many other people are reporting this issue including on Vodafone NZ and IE. Fix please!!!! None of your factory reset/take it to a shop to be fixed rubbish thank you!!! 

View more options

@ddavidu

As the software issue is concerned with a Vodafone phone, our Repairs team will be happy to look into this for you.

@ajpd

If you don't wish to send your phone off for repair, please await any software updates which may fix this. 

View more options
Thank you. Obviously I don't want to be without my phone. I know Vodafone don't comment on update progress but can you confirm that it has been logged as an issue by your team and that you are aware it has been reported in a number of countries. Thank you
View more options
All works OK after resetting to factory settings (which was easier than l expected!}
Thanks
View more options
Thanks. I would prefer to avoid this if possible as it should not be required, I have a load of stuff on SD card - files etc that apps need which would loose or loose the connection with and also its a pain to have to go into every app and set them up again how you want. Appreciate somewhat easier than it was as many device settings and games etc progress is to but thus can't be guaranteed. As this is a common issue I'm hoping a software update can be pushed to fix it.
View more options
Glad that worked @davroa. As said factory resetting often cures issues after firmware updates. If a factory reset works I doubt an update would be pushed out anytime soon if at all
View more options

Hi @ajpd 

Please follow a factory reset as advised by @63johnw and let us know how you get on. 

That's great @davroa - thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks, 

View more options

ddavidu wrote:
The problem isn't the headphone socket, its the update that has caused a problem with jacks with only 2 rings. Many others with the Ultra Smart 6 are having this problem.

I've seen reports of this happening with other makes too.  It looks as though it may be something to do with the Android core.   Possibly a security thing?

View more options