Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart Ultra 6 won't turn on

jblessing
2: Seeker

I have just updated my Smart Ultra 6 with today's OTA update and now it won't switch on. It is plugged into the charger. Screen completely black.  My wife's Ultra 6 also did the update and it is fine.

I have tried holding down the power button, no response.

As there is no way to pull the battery does anyone have any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jblessing

I am glad to say I have just looked at it again and it is now working. I have no idea why.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

You could try the solutions in http://www.hard-reset.mobi/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-hard-reset/ but beware this procedure can delete any saved data in the phones memory. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My problem is that the phone has been randomly rebooting for about 3 weeks and is now stuck at 11:03 96% battery and charging even though it is not connected.

I can't turn the phone off or do anything with it, I am working in Belgium and not back in the UK for another 2 weeks, help needed urgently no phone not a happy person and short of throwing the phone at a wall I am at a loss as to what to do.

Hi, My wife phone had this problem it was the facebook app causing all the issues i had to reboot the phone by holding volume up and power button at the same time for 30 seconds and then pressing the power button to select reboot when the boot menu came up then i uninstalled the facebook app as soon it it restarted and its been fine since then.

My phones problem seems to be Facebook as well. I tried to uninstall it but it comes up with a message that it's can't uninstall it. I bought a 32 g memory card and tried to shift Some of my stuff not the card eg photos but for some reason I can't even do that. I'm not happy in general wth my Vodfone 6 ultra. I wish. Could take some of the Vodafone apps off that I don't use but it won't allow. I suppose we paid cheap  so we get cheap.

Hello @rob576 and @Liz0

Please see our announcements page for further information on this issue: Facebook and Messenger app announcement

Louise

I just found this.

I've recently tried installing the FB app, and each time the Play Sore gives me an Error -505.  

Messenger installs fine.

The link http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Facebook-and-Facebook-Messenger-app/td-p/25076... above doesn't work any more.  Is there more information on this problem?

Hello @jefmcg

The original issue has now been resolved. 

Please uninstall the app and ensure your device is running the latest software updates and then install the app from the Playstore. 

Louise

Hello @harlequinsmad

This sounds odd, I understand your frustration.

If you are still experiencing problems with your device please call our team on +44 7836 191 191 while abroad, or use our Live Chat service through this link

Louise

jblessing

I am glad to say I have just looked at it again and it is now working. I have no idea why.