Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Alba Sim Free 2.8" Mobile Phone

robklyn6
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm looking at buying an Alba Sim Free 2.8" Mobile Phone from argos, a friend of mine has said he had one & was on virgin who were unable to provide web/mms settings for this phone as they did not have any settings available for this particular brand/phone provider. Is this the case for vodafone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I can only suggest looking at the Messaging options on http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/ and trying a variety of phones, to see if you can find settings that are compatible with your phone.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Usually when a person inserts a new SIM card in the phone the network automatically then sends set up texts holding the settings. 

Vodafone can also send settings too via texting WEB to 40127

If they don't support that phone via short code then the Apn's can be manually inputted. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

robklyn6

I've purchased this handset & have set up the web but have not been able to set up mms/picture messaging. I have contacted customer services who have been unable to help. Is there anyone out there who can help?

Annie_N

I can only suggest looking at the Messaging options on http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/ and trying a variety of phones, to see if you can find settings that are compatible with your phone.

robklyn6

I still have not been able to set up this phone, i have used live chat, rang customer service/tech support & been in store all to no avail with not luck. Is there anyone that can help?

Annie_N

I've just had a look at the Argos website for details of the phone, and also at the instruction manual available there. Although I did eventually locate an indication that it was 2G-capable, I could find nothing at all about how to set it up for data, let alone for MMS.

The device guides mentioned above include generic instructions on how to set up a variety of phones for MMS. If you haven't been able to enter the necessary information into your phone, it may well be that the phone can't handle MMS. If Argos informed you that it was able to do so, you should perhaps go back to them for additional advice.