Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android 5.1.1 & Nexus 5 Nightmare

Neil_948
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I took out a contract in october last year and everything has been running smoothly I started off with KitKat 4.4.2 or what ever it was to start with then upgraded to KitKat 4.4.4 no problems really happy then roll on Lollipop 5.0.0

Unable to watch youtube or listen to music without a headset.

Then here comes 5.1.1  Great lets get that speaker fixed.........

(Removed in line with House Rules) issues:-

Mic not working unable to make / receive calls .

Speaker still not working.

Frequent crashing.

Multiple restarts just to get the phone on.

Constant app optimisation on every restart.

And so this continues for 3-4 days.

Got up this morning phone has gone off again so let's start the boot process off yet again eventually got in and everything works extremely laggy but hey it's working.

Left it on the side whilst getting ready for work came back it's yet again switched its self off lets start the restart process again..........

Oh what has happened this time the phone vibrates once to acknowledge the power button is pressed and then......... and then............ and then........   

hmm nothing I know have a very expensive paper weight.

what if anything can I do?

Actions taken so far :-

1. Put up with the lagging and hoped Google released an update to fix it soon

2. whilst I was able to get into the phone attempted a factory reset (to no avail)

3. discharged battery completely and then fully recharged to ensure the ram was completely cleared (again to no avail)

I need as much help with this as possible please.

2 REPLIES 2

Neil_948

So the latest update regarding the issue,

I have found that by charging my phone all night last night that I now have a working phone which now has absolutely no output or input from the screen it's self and no link to my wearables so is still totally useless and also I have no way of upgrading to any further OTA updates so looks like I am totally stuck with this pile of components and have no way of using it.

I just have a white flashing light at the bottom of the phone.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Neil_948

If a backup and factory reset hasn't sorted the issue, I'd recommend a repair

Many thanks,

Ben