Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Battery charging to 88%

Kienzel
4: Newbie

Hi, maybe a coincidence, but after the last security update, SU6 will only charge to 88% when off or 96% when on, Any ideas of a fix?

(Phone not rooted, done a fatory reset. No good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks to all who helped me, i think it's now solved! a couple of cache clears, a factory reset, and some apps removed. It still won't charge to 100% if switched off, but i think i've got a solution for that....:smileyhappy:

All the best.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like there may not be enough power to fully top up the battery.  Can you try a different charging cable?  Have you tried a different charger (and cable)?

PWIAC

Hi, have been using the original and a spare motorla one i have, no joy, but thanks.

drey_p

When you did a factory reset of the device, did you clear the cache also?  Doing so will reset the battery statistics on the device and can resolve issues like this.

PWIAC

Yep, but now you come to mention it, this started exactly the same day i cleared the cache! Hmm..

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You could try calibrate the battery by letting it drop to 10/20% and then fully charge. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Phone powered down to zero recently, is that the reason?

drey_p

That could cause a bit of an issue. It's never a good idea to let the battery go completely dead as it can mess it up.  Modern phone batteries can been charged from 40% or more without any issues. 

I'd clear the cache again, and then charge it up with Flight Mode activated - that reduces drain on the battery and can help it get a full charge.

PWIAC

Trust me to ##~## it up! will give that a go and let you know. Thanks to all.

drey_p

I'm sure you didn't mess it up.  Please do post back and let us know what solves your issue - the info could help others with similar problems. 

PWIAC