Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry PRIV

Robert_Isaac
6: Helper
6: Helper

What plans does Vodafone have for the forthcoming BB Priv?

54 REPLIES 54

@Mark - I see the Coming Soon page has now been updated to show TWO references to the Z5 instead of the iPhone, the iPhone being demoted to a single reference with the Nexus 6P hanging in there.

Are there seriously only three new phones in the market place...?

There's got to be more transparency and honesty coming out of Vodafone.

When will a decision be made on the Priv? Honestly. Pretty please. Just a simple yes or no. Go on. You know you want to.

I totally agree chaps. The Priv is without doubt the most important smart phone to come to the market in years and it just needs MUCH more publicity. Everyone had a BB 6 years ago and there's a reason for that: unbeatable hardwear and a keyboard that actually works.  I too will jump ship to Carphone Warehouse in January when my contract is up if there isn't an answer from Vodafone by then.

I should say,  I've been a Vodafone customer since I was 17 and I'm 37 now but I'm happy to move for the right phone and this is SO right

This is verging on promoting unfair competition. When did you last see a BlackBerry in a Vodafone shop? O2 are no better either. Even with the huge amount of online shopping people like to see a product before they order online. That is a FACT.

Bob

Why is it I could obtain a Blackberry priv on the vodafone network from Carphone Warehouse and not from Vodafone direct ?

When will I be able to do this as my contract is now up and I cannot wait to leave behind my Samsung .... do I have to leave the network to gain the phone and contract that I want ?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
Because CPW like all dealers buy their own handsets and decide what phones they want to sell. They are completely independent of and separate from all networks. They put their own tariffs and handsets together to suit them.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@lp22 wrote:

Why is it I could obtain a Blackberry priv on the vodafone network from Carphone Warehouse and not from Vodafone direct ?

Because, as you will have seen in this thread, Vodafone haven't confirmed whether or not they will be ranging the handset. CarphoneWarehouse also have an exclusivity agreement on this device as you will have seen from their website.  An exclusivity agreement means that noone else can supply the handset.  

CPW do source and supply their own phones and bundle them with airtime, which is why they often have different handsets from the networks themselves.

PWIAC

Some very interesting discussion and some insight into how the market works. Thanks. Let's hope that things change in 2016.

Bob

jeffkinn

Bob,

Please remember that we are all customers here with no special insight into the network. All of the information information repeated here has been gained through general experience from this forum or in the public domain.

As a long time commercial financial director I know how businesses generally work and what factors are taken into consideration when certain decisions are being taken.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I bought mine direct in November or so, and am on Vodafone - but lost 4G at home, as the Sure Signal doesn't go as high as 4G, only 3G.

amdavis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Vodafone have missed a trick by not supporting BB Priv from the start especially considering its strong in the corporate market. The extra security; the unique hub that BB provide combined with Android and the handsets superior looks could make it a massive success. Not to mention huge battery and both touch screen and physical keyboard. Voda are nuts to ignore it. Simple as that! iPhone fanboys and girls, I fear 😢. Sad times.