Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry PRIV

Robert_Isaac
6: Helper

What plans does Vodafone have for the forthcoming BB Priv?

54 REPLIES 54

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I would keep an eye on the Vodafone Blog and at the Independents such as CPW

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

CPW web site already has a link to judge interest.

amdavis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Voda are sooo slow on anything slightly under mass market. Seems like CPW have a monopoly and I can't stand them! I've been waiting for the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet on Voda too. No sign of that either :Sad_face:

LordLanky
There was an earlier news item that suggested VF were to stock. Spotted this yesterday which, to your point, is potentially bad news.

http://m.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2430869/blackberry-priv-available-to-pre-order-ahead-of-6-nov...

Like you us real world users are frustrated at VFs denial of anything non-mainstream.
I was recently penialised for daring to strike up a VF renewal via CPW for a handset they would never stock.

I am interested in the Blackberry Priv. Will VF ever get their arms around the broader market...?

Thank you. Yes that is bad news. The likes of Vodafone could be the downfall of BlackBerry, certainly in the UK. They are not giving the Priv a chance to prove itself and possibly allow BlackBerry increase its market position.

Very unfair, and I like you do not really want to go to CPW. I had a previous very bad experience with them and cannot trust their management to support the customer when the member of staff was in the wrong.

Bob

Hi everyone,

You can keep your eyes out for the latest phone releases and further information on our Coming Soon page.  

Sarah,

Thanks for noticing the thread and bothering to respond.

I suspect most users know about the Coming Soon page - an oft used "official" response.

We all also likely know that page corroborates precisely what this thread is discussing - as I type there are two references to iPhone (yawn), the new Sony Z5 (interesting) and the Nexus6P (hmmm... flippin' large).

Would love to have a VF response to:

1. Tactically: When will VF decide on stocking the Blackberry Priv?

2. Strategically: Will VF ever embrace the wider market? There are more than 3 new handsets in the market place today. Why do VF make handset choice soooo narrow?

Regards,

LL.

Well said LL.

This thread has had plenty of views and may indicate the interest in this model.

Bob

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LordLanky and @Robert_Isaac

We don't have a confirmed release date for this yet.

When we do, this will be announced on our Coming Soon page as Sarah advised.