Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BlackBerry PRIV

Robert_Isaac
6: Helper
6: Helper

What plans does Vodafone have for the forthcoming BB Priv?

54 REPLIES 54

maxime
3: Seeker
An ETA for the BlackBerry Priv a Vodafone for a contract ?
I need to renew mine.....

amdavis
Same here. Can't believe this handset has been ignored by Vodafone.

I have been a long term Vodafone Business customer but if the Priv is not released by them before Dec I will go to CPW and swtich to another network.  I don't want to keep looking at their blog I want them to release a business phone to a business phone user.

amdavis
Mark in the tech team did write,
"We don't have a confirmed release date for this yet." in a post above so maybe there are plans to stock this once interest is gauged. I read yesterday that Amazon had sold out and didn't know when stock would be replenished so many there's supply issues too. Not sure whether that was in US or here.

amdavis
*maybe

Andrea12
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I've been sitting with my q10 for 2years over my contract ended because I want a blackberry with a qwerty and the classic was a downgrade. An upgrade finally is released, the priv and I am able to upgrade through vodafone but Nooo they don't stock it. Carphone warehouse, what a loada rubbish. CPW is awful, I had 2 rubbish experiences with them and now would not touch them at all plus I can only get my vea discount through vodafone directly.
So currently vodafone have me sitting on a 15quid a month sim only deal when they could be getting about 50quid from a phone deal.

amdavis
They did do the Blackberry Passport, Andrea which I upgraded to from the Z10 for my business line. It's a great phone. But yes, I'm with you re CPW and would love to have had the Priv as my main mobile. I'm also waiting to see if Vodafone are doing the Sony Xperia Tablet Z4 - it seems not and I have that contract coming up next month too. Days at Voda could be limited - I'm starting to lose my patience..!

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We're unable to provide any information further to what we already have.

I know the phone looks great and there's some really good reviews around it.

As soon as more information is available, we'll update the Coming soon page.

Thanks. that sounds positive. I've been into 4 CFW stores and theyve all sold out of Privs until I found one this week and they let me have a play with it. It's easily the best smrt phoen I've ever used. Literally, the best of BB and Android all in one. Stunning. CAnt understand why there aren't big national ad campaigns about it. Without that it will just be our best kept secret and that wont help BB the brand still be here in 2 years time... 

amdavis
I think Vodafone need to seriously listen to its own business and personal customers and maybe take a look at the Priv customer reviews at the CPW website - http://m.carphonewarehouse.com/mt/www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/blackberry-priv/?cid=PAIDSEARCH_G...

Vodafone have made a serious mis-judgement and I will be cancelling two contracts - the first being next month if this handset is not forthcoming.