Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blue flashes Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

CompuTechish
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Issue: Occasionally during video playback (YouTube) or when accessing the front camera the phone screen flashes blue.
I contacted Vodafone via live chat and was told not to worry this happens or something and just needs checking. Then I lost connection.
This is an annoying issue and have found two other users online reporting this same issue.
4 REPLIES 4

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CompuTechish - This isn’t something I’ve heard of before, but if you’re concerned you can arrange a repair.

Our engineers will then be able to look into this further.

mavericke
7: Helper
7: Helper

CompuTechish:

It could be a bad batch of Smart Ultra 6. My first Smart Ultra 6 had issues with the camra lens. So far, my second unit is ok.

My son's phone has the same issue (others have also reported it on other forums) – a blue flashing screen with YouTube and Facebook video playback.

He's currently on his second handset since we bought the phone just over two weeks ago, and it's still happening.

We've uninstalled and resinstalled Facebook and YouTube updates, downloaded VLC player (suggestion on a Vodafone webchat), and disabled hardware overlays, and the problem persists.

The lady in the Vodafone store in Sale suggested it was a problem with our Wi-Fi (seriously!!!??), but it's done it on three different Wi-Fi connections so far.

There's a video of it here.

It's a shame, because it's a great phone otherwise, but we're on the verge of returning it and getting a Moto G instead.

Three days in and the 5.1.1 update seems to have cleared the issue.

Keeping fingers crossed.