Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CUBOT1 still not doing data

zzyyxx77
4: Newbie

I have a Cubot one (Android 4.21.) that was used on the 3 network without trouble for a year  - but it refuses to connect with data using Vodafone.

I have searched around and found one site that suggests I am wasting my time: cubot complaint

Does anyone else have this problem?

cheers

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-EricChe
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@zzyyxx77

You may still be connecting to the 3 network Internet settings (APNs), which could be causing the lack of data.

In order to check this you'll need to manually configure your Internet settings on the device.

I have fiddlded witht the settings plenty. The network operator seems able to control what the users can do with their phones with a degree of granularity that is unnerving. I think the answer is to go with 3 and not waste more effort trying tio analyse what is wrong with Vodafone. I found a site on the web which decribes the Cubot 1 saga in detail.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@zzyyxx77

Unfortunately this isn't a handset that we support. If the phone can receive our 3G frequency and the APN settings are correct, I'm afraid we can't offer any more information.

I'd advise speaking directly to the manufacturer for further help and advice. 

The manufactuer is now many models down the line and not able to explain other than that it must be a specific configuration decision taken by the network operator, since it works with other networks,

Anyway... so does Voadfone support the cubot X15, X16 and X17 or Cubot H1 (see www.cubot.net)  I need to know before I buy one for my wife's account..?

And if vodafone does not support/cannot say will we be able to cancel and move away?

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Vodafone do not provide support for this phone, as you were previously advised, so you will need to contact the manufacturer for any support.

If you wish to cancel your contract, you can do so, but please be aware that you will need to pay the Early Termination Fee for any time remaining in it. 

PWIAC

Hi

That's odd - if Vodafone cannot provide a service, I would not expect to pay for nopthing?

But the more important quesion now is how to check that the current handsets will work. Are you saying that Vodafone cannot confirm/deny its network works with anything but phones Vodafone provides?

VF is a big organisation, surely it can test every phone that is available through Amazon prime? If you will not offer assurance that if Vodafone does not work with a handset - while another network like 3 does work - are you saying VF will not cancel the contract without penalty?

z

drey_p

Vodafone do provide a service which is mobile phone signal.  However, if the handset (which they haven't supplied) doesn't work, that is nothing to do with them.  Your SIM can easily be used in another handset.  Even if Vodafone had provided the handset, a fault or problem with the phone doesn't get you out of contract without penalty.

Vodafone aren't required to test every signal phone available on the market - only the models that they supply are guaranteed to work on the network.

If you would like to cancel your contract, because the handset you have chosen to use doesn't work on Vodafone, you are more than welcome to....but you will need to pay for all time remaining in it. 

PWIAC

Thanks for making that point clear.

Bu the entire issue in this matter is that the phone works perfectly well in every respct but the Android Play store and google apps do not work. Data from the rest of teh internet is available. And in some reports I see others users say that it used work - but then arbitrarily stopped.

So that seems worthy of a better explanation than I have seen so far. Google imply that network operators are able to turn that facility on and off by handset type - I imagine this may be some form of defence against makers who do not properly licence their handsets - but Cubot is perfectly legitimate maker whose products work with every other provider.

I can't help feeling that there is a story not being properly told here.

z