cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot recieve or make calls? Says congestion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truered
2: Seeker

I have a Blackberry Bold phone was working fine an hour ago now when I try to call or recieve calls it comes up congestion!

Anybody else had this problem?

How do I fix it??

13 REPLIES 13

pablocat

The same has been happening with my daughters phone since around lunchtime today. She has had it around 6 weeks and it hasn't happened before. We were wondering if the network in our area is down.

Thank God its not just mine!!! 

My son has just told me he has the same problem, hope it sorts it's self out soon.

Thanks for replying

haydenstock

My blackberry is doing the same thing. I just wondered if you have manged to get yours working again, and if so how did u do it. If not do you possibly know what it is because it wont even allow me to call vodafone.

Thanks

Having the exact same problem here. Restarted the phone thinking I was doing something wrong but it's evidently more general a problem than I thought. Can't even call customer care cuz all my calls r restricted. Can Vodafone please do something..Some of us DEPEND on our phones to survive thank you :Smiling:

Hi Guys

We did have an outage yesterday which has now resolved.

If you're still having a problem, if you perform a manual roam now you should be able to use the network.

Please let me know if your having any further problems.

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi Im having problems still, and I have manually roamed and scanned for new networks but it keeps saying scan for networks timed out...

I really need to use my phone, please help!

Thanks

Liv

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey livvi,

Welcome to the Vodafone eForum from all of the team.

It is strange if you are still having issues as the fault that was causing this has now been resolved.

So that we can identify exactly what is causing this please can you confirm the following;

If you place your SIM in another phone do you still have the network issue?

If you place another SIM in your handset does it pick up network?

Does the issue happen in all locations?

Is anyone else in your area having similar issues?

What is the postcode where you are having the issues?

Are you PAYG or Contract?

If PAYG, when was the last time you used your phone?

If you can let me know the above, I will be able to look into his further for you.

James

eForum Team

jerryH

I have Congestion now almost all the time on 2 contract phones. You think youve cured it and expect us to mess round swapping cards.... where from... who pays? And the annoying thing is that everyone I call and the phone makes this ghastly noise and says Congestion!, actually is called and has a squeeky call sound on their phone rather than the proper ring tone. Fortunately one called me back. I received his call.

Its Vodaphone and not Blackberry. WHY Please.

What did you think you did to cure. Do it again perhaps!

@truered wrote:

I have a Blackberry Bold phone was working fine an hour ago now when I try to call or recieve calls it comes up congestion!

Anybody else had this problem?

How do I fix it??

Hi @jerryH,

Please take a look at our Network troubleshooting guide.

Follow step 6 and post the template on this thread and we'll get our Network team to investigate.

Thanks,

Matt