cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting my smart tab III 7 to my computer.

DocB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When I connect my smart tab III 7 to my computer via usb port I get the message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have tried searching for a driver, but I am told a driver is not needed for the usb port. The usb port works with other devices, flash drives and iphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for that it seems to have sorted the problem. The device manager on Windows identifies the tablet rather than just showing a USB storage device. I did have to do restart the computer after installing the software, but everything seems to be working now.

Once more like like to thank you for the very clear guidance.

Ian

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It sounds as though Windows thinks there's a problem with the storage.   Make sure all your content is backed up (you may need to use an external sd card in this instance) and that your contacts (if any) are sync'd with Google.  Right click the device in Windows and see if there's a fix option as there would be for any other connected storage.

If not, you may need to factory reset the device.  This will wipe it and return it to its out of the box state.

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

hiya, 

you may need drivers depending on how you intend to use it, check setting for mass storage mode, which should not require a driver. 

however if it's not the case PDAnet drivers will do the job

(you may need to go into settings and developer options and tick/enable USB Debugging)

I MUST WARN YOU TO CHECK THE DOWNLOAD WITH AN ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING - While I have used this site before but I OR VODA CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR NOT CHECKING FILES FOR VIRUSES OR MALWARE!

Use this link for the driver, http://www.cuehow.com/2014/10/mtk65xx-pdanet-vcom-adb-usb-driver.html

If this does not work you can easiily unininstall again. :Smiling: 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for that it seems to have sorted the problem. The device manager on Windows identifies the tablet rather than just showing a USB storage device. I did have to do restart the computer after installing the software, but everything seems to be working now.

Once more like like to thank you for the very clear guidance.

Ian