Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cubot One - No internet connectivity

KennyTempleton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Recently bought a Cubot One for my daughter to replace a water damaged monthly contract phone. All great with the exception that the phone will NOT connect to the internet (unless on wireless). Have been into the Vodafone shop and they say the settings are correct.

I'm at a bit of a dead end. Any ideas out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iainmann
9: Established

To get 3G working on the Cubot One on Vodafone UK go into APN settings and change Authentication Type from Not Set to None. It will then work. 

View solution in original position

61 REPLIES 61

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I can think of 2 common things that could be the cause of this.

The first is that the internet settings (APN) are not quite right on the handset.

You can get a configuration txt with the correct ones sent over from here

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

Otherwise, do you get indication that you have a 3G connection on the handset? This is normally shown as a H or 3G symbol.

Vodafone use 900 and 2100 MHZ to offer 3G, your phone listens on 850 and 2100... if you are in an area that is using 900mhz, then your phone won't be able to connect, and it will default down to 2G

Thanks for the response. I have tried the link and it does not send the details (says it cannot). I have looked up the manual setting and it is exactly correct on the phone. No I get no H or 3G indicator either, but we are in a fairly remote spot, but we do get signal!!

Any other thoughts?

Thanks....we dont get 3G at our home location and the phone registers 3 of 4 bars signal, but no internet. All the other phones in the house work fine.

hrym
17: Community Champion

On an Android device, if you go into Settings|Networks etc and then mobile data and then the sub-menu (more settings, or the like), there should be an option to pull the settings down, rather than getting them pushed to you.  They should install automatically and replace anything that's previously there.  The frequency issue may cause you problems, though.

Edited to add: I've also seen a review that suggests that this is a dual-SIM phone adn that 3G can be swapped between the SIMs.   Is it possible that you need to point your data connection at the correct slot in Settings (even if you only have one SIM in it)?

Thanks Hyrm,

Unable to push settings, but have double checked them and they are correct to that published on the vodafone site. Interesting idea ref the sims, but dont see any option to 'point' to a particular slot? any thoughts?

for further info, in the 'about phone/sim status' screens the signal type under 'mobile network type' is showing as GPRS and the  'mobile network state' is showing as 'disconnected' even though mobile data is 'on' in the data usage settings.

help??

Any chance  I just need a second SIM?

Get a three sim - it will just work with no faffing about.

And because of the magic of the dual sim that providers hate - you can keep your existing number and not have to terminate early with VF. So only you are the financial loser in this arrnagemnt, because VF cannot deliver the service you want. 

hrym

I got the info about pointing the data connection to either SIM from a review on Amazon, so that's all I know I'm afraid!

Is there a manufacturer website you can get a full manual from?  That might point you in the right direction.   On the signal frequency issue, have you tried limiting the device to GPRS only in the Mobile Data settings?  (just a thought, that last one).