Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cubot One - No internet connectivity

KennyTempleton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Recently bought a Cubot One for my daughter to replace a water damaged monthly contract phone. All great with the exception that the phone will NOT connect to the internet (unless on wireless). Have been into the Vodafone shop and they say the settings are correct.

I'm at a bit of a dead end. Any ideas out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iainmann
9: Established

To get 3G working on the Cubot One on Vodafone UK go into APN settings and change Authentication Type from Not Set to None. It will then work. 

View solution in original position

61 REPLIES 61

iainmann
9: Established

To get 3G working on the Cubot One on Vodafone UK go into APN settings and change Authentication Type from Not Set to None. It will then work. 

OK, that's 3G ... but do all the google applications work? My CubotOne ran all apps like twitter and facebook fine - but all Google traffics seems to be "shaped" via a proxy. I eventually gave up the dtruggle with Vodafone support and had to to move to Three - where everything just works - and it's way faster in nearly all locations.

But the "device" VF wanted to sell me for less than a Cubot one does not compare featurewise. The Cubot One compares (compared - we are talking a while ago) with phones that VF was selling for ~£700 (24 month contract) - and insuring for another ~£15 a month! (Never forget that "hidden cost o ownership").

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

@uspnet wrote:

Bad analogy - here is a better one:

I put petrol (airtime) in the tank and then the car will take me to some destinations, but not others. I feel an explanation is required from the petrol supplier.

Your analogy is even worse. Petrol is a generic product that will work in any petrol driven engine. Mobile phone signals are not generic but specific to different networks and thus some phones will work with a given network and others won't.

As I've said several times now, I fail to see why you expect Vodafone to do anything about a piece of equipment they neither sell nor support. It isn't their responsibility one little bit.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I found this Cubot One page FYI:

http://www.cubot.net/pro_156.html

This looks like an intersting phone company.

harric
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I recently ported three mobile numbers to talk talk mobile from 3uk purely on price so didn't even realise the ultimate provider was Vodafone. First two handsets nexus and moto g 2nd gen (dual sim) no probs but missus handset cubit one no mobile internet. Finally got round to looking at the issue today and via google ended up on this thread and forum. As I read the whole thread I was filled with a sense that the cost for a new handset was coming my way, however I have manually input the settings and it seems to be working even the goggle stuff so happy days.
Finally I just wanted to support Kenny (op) & uspnet if I did have a problem and was frustrated, others rushing in to defend the provider whilst not addressing my issue would not be welcome ethier.

jeffkinn

TalkTalk is a virtual mobile operator using Vodafone equipment. But it's classified as an entirely separate network and you won't get any support from the eforum tech team.

Members of the community might be able to help you but if you have an issue you need to talk to Talk Talk.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

There is no official Vodafone support for the Cubot, so the only help you're going to get here is form the community.  We do our best, but experience of the brand is limited, so we rely on input from users, who've been very helpful.  We can also point out that blaming Vodafone for an unsupported device is, frankly, a waste of energy.

BTW, the current (2nd generation) Moto G appears to be a dual-SIM device.  As far as I can see, it's also a proper UK sold and supported model, so people looking for such a device may have more luck with it.  I'm not sure whether the version sold by Vodafone is dual-SIM, so check before buying.  Anything not bought from (or sold by) Vodafone will still be unsupported, though.

I have a Cubot One and get H+ on Vodafone.

Set up however was a nightmare. Note that's it's very straightforward on giffgaff.

I use:

Contract 2 settings:
APN=internet
Username=web
Password=web

I also created a new APN as the automatic Vodafone ones didn't work.

There's more detail on my thread https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-and-OS/Unable-to-use-MMS-from-Android-Jelly-Bean... which I started on 18/2/14

To get 3G working on Cubot Phones including the C9+ on Vodafone UK go into APN settings and Select the Vodafone prepay option and then change Authentication Type from Not Set to None. It will then work.

Regards

Steve