Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email trouble on BlackBerry

Marietta15
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, I have a BlackBerry Curve and I'm on Pay As You Go. Recently I posted on here because I was having trouble with my internet service. I spoke to a Vodafone representative as suggested and he set up my BlackBerry internet service again. I then got two conflicting emails, one said:

You've opted in to BlackBerry Internet Service on mobile number (blank). To get started, you'll need to set up a BlackBerry account (if you haven't got one already).

Once you've done that, you'll just need to remove and reinsert your battery to activate the service on your phone (this could take up to 24 hours). Then you'll be able to chat with friends on BlackBerry Messenger and use email on the go.

And the other one said:

You’ve opted out of BlackBerry Internet Service for mobile number (blank). You’ll still be able to use it until your current 30-day subscription ends. After that, you won’t be able to chat on BBM™, send emails or access BlackBerry App World™.

I rang the number to check my susbscription and it says I'm subscribed and my next payment will be taken in early July.

But now I'm having trouble with my emails. I have trouble sending them, I keep getting a "General failure" message or a message saying "Mailbox can't find that message" even though it's still there. Also when I try to read some emails it says it can't find them when I scroll down even though they only came through the other day and I'm in the middle of reading them! I don't usually have this problem, I think I've only had the "Mailbox can't find that message" thing happen once before and that was because I'd moved the original message out of my Inbox and into another folder. But these emails are still in my Inbox. I took out my battery and re-inserted it but it's still happening. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

It might be worth mentioning that my emails are Outlook and they recently re-designed Outlook Mail, so I'm not sure if that could be affecting it?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0