Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fast Charging on Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

mavericke
7: Helper
7: Helper

Since the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 supports fast charging 1.0(https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2013/02/14/qualcomm-quick-charge-10-less-time-charging-more-time-d... I'm wondering whether if anyone have successfully tried fast charging the battery? I've tried using Samsung's Fast Adaptive charger but it does not seem to work.

Many thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, I have been using an S6 for the last two weeks on a trial basis, it had 2% charge when I received it, plugged in the charger and it displayed fast charging in the drop down menu with a time to full charge.

63johnw
Sorry too early in the morning, just realised you are talking about a different device !

63johnw: 

No problem at all. I am just intriged as the device is quite capable although there are only 8 sensors onboard. GPS is working fine without GLONASS or Beidou. I am wondering whether anyone have tried using a fast charger which will be able to charge up the Smart Ultra 6 in a quicker fashion. I am only thinking about it because it might reduce the time taken to recharge the battery. At this moment, it is taking a long time to recharge the battery to full. If the technology is present in the phone, why not use it, right?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mavericke

We can confirm the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 does have a fast charge facility, this will work with all compatible chargers.

If you’re unable to charge the phone with a Samsung charger, this will be down to the charger and the phone being incompatible.

Mark: 

Many thansk for your reply. Will the phone indicate that it is on fast charge when you are using a fast charger? I am asking this is because Samsung Galaxy S6 will indicate that it is on fast charge if you plug in the fast charger.

Cheers.

@mavericke

I don’t believe it indicates this. It will just charge faster.

Wayne:

Many thanks for your reply. I will see whether Aukey Fast Charger works...

Update:

I've tried using the Aukey Fast Charger and it works! It is a shame that it does not show 'fast charging' on the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 desktop though. Love it!

CompuTechish
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I guess you don't see Quick Charging as I don't think this phone supports this. This is what someone over at another Forum said who tested it. I followed this up by contacting Vodafone through live chat and was told that it doesn't "include" it yet but will "be there soon" after an update. Check this link out:
http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375518-no-quickcharge-20-support/

CompuTechish: 

Many thanks for your reply. It is stated on Qualcomm's website that the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Supports Quick Charge 1.0.