Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty Passport

Stu66
1: Seeker

Hi,

Got a new Passport just under 2 weeks ago which is not behaving as expected.

Firstly, the cellular signal is wildly variable, ranging from almost full strength on Vodafone to "emergency calls only" and seemingly connected to EE. This is with the phone just sitting in one place on the desk.

Second, the WiFi signal disconnects randomly - the router/access point is 6 feet away and in direct line of sight! The only cure for this is to turn the phone's WiFi off and on again.

Finally, this handset seems to be very "crash happy" - I've just rebooted it to fix the screen brightness adjustment failing and loss of keyboard illumination. Had the proximity sensor act up the other day, among other problems which mean a reboot almost every day.

The phone is running official 10.3.1.1779. For comparison, I have a 2 year old Z10 running the same build which has *none* of the above problems - that was last rebooted almost 2 weeks ago following a security wipe before giving it to my partner, who is very happy with it. Wish I could say the same.

Spoke to customer services on Tuesday evening about it, they advised that I should call back before 5pm to get an exchange sorted (because of the very short timescale involved I will only accept a new replacement, not refurb or repair). Couldn't do it yesterday so called this afternoon around 4.35ish. Kept on hold for over 20 minutes listening to music which due to the fluctuating signal sounded like old-time Radio Luxembourg. With the clock reaching 5pm, I gave up.

Can somebody from Vodafone please help out here? I don't have the time during the day to be sitting on a (defective) phone for 20+ minutes for what should really be a straightforward fix.

Regards,

Stuart H

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello.

May I Welcome you to The UK Vodafone eForum which is a Customer to Customer help and Discussion forum.

Please may I also advise that their is no longer any Account Access or Official Account assistance via the eForum.

For Account Access and Account Enquiries please speak to Vodafone Customer Service on 191 from your mobile phone - Or use a Landline to ring them. Contract Customers : tel:03333040191 and Pay As You Go Customers : tel:03333048069 All information in http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

Have you tried a hard reset of the phone which has been known to help. Be aware this does delete saved data in the phones memory so make a back up. 

If you've lost faith in the phone then please do contact customer service within the 14 day return window. 

Process for returns

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.