Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forgot PIN, can't pass lock screen on vodafone smart ultra 6

Saralou186
1: Seeker

Hi I have just put a lock screen code on my Vodafone smart ultra 6 and no matter what I do it just keeps saying incorrect pin number please help 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

As this is a security feature are you able to keep trying your known numbers you typically chose as a PIN number. 

Another way way maybe to perform a hard reset but this will delete all stored data in the phone as it take the phone back to how it came out of the box. 

You perform this at your own risk and I cannot 100% Guarantee this will work. 

Switch the phone off by holding down the Power key for a short while.

In the next step hold down the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds.

Wait for the Recovery Mode to appear.

In order to choose "wipe data/factory reset" use the Volume Down to navigate and the Power button to confirm.

Next, select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume Down button to scroll and Power key to select.

To restart the phone, select "reboot system now".

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@Saralou186

If you put the incorrect PIN in I think its 3 times, your phone will ask for a PUK code. You can easily get the code from your online account.

If this does not work, you will have locked the SIM and will need a new SIM card which will be available from a Vodafone Store.

BandOfBrothers

Good call AnnS 😀

Ive read the Op's issue as being part of the Security access on the phone itself to access it. 

Not  a Sim Pin. 

😔

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ronwilson
1: Seeker

I cannot open my new phone because it is asking me for a pin number which I don't have. Phone smart ultra 7 bought yesterday.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ronwilson If you purchased the phone online, please come and speak with us on Live Chat

Alternatively if you bought your phone directly from one of our stores, if you're able to return to that store, one of our advisers will be happy to look into this for you.