Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Found Vodafone iPhone 5

Johnno99
2: Seeker
Hi. We found a phone that appears to belong to one of your customers. Is there someone from Vodafone on here who could help me trace the owner. Pretty likely to be local to me given where we found it.
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Welcome to The UK Vodafone eForum which is a Customer to Customer help forum.

i assume a passlock is on the iPhone so you cannot check any contacts information or their is a no service in the phones status bar which indicates it's been imei barred. 

I would suggest

1. Hand it into the local police station. 
  2. Hand it into your local Vodafone HighStreet store. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Try holding the bottom button down and see of Siri works. If so you can ask it to call 'Home', 'Mum' or something similar. Unless the owner has turned Siri off it will still work . If that does not work slide at the bottom of the screen to unlock and click on the bottom left 'Emergency' and see if there is an entry there for 'Medical'. That app generally contains the name of a family member or close friend and you can call it.

Vodafone will not give you details of the owner so if Siri fails hand it into a Vodafone store of your local police station.

IanWaring
4: Newbie

Hiya,

hold down the home button down to summon Siri. When prompted, just say "who does this iPhone belong to?" and it will display the owners name plus contact details...

BandOfBrothers

A workable idea as long as the iPhone has a Data connection still as Siri will not be available without this. 

Current Phone  >

Johnno99

Thanks all so far........unfortunately, the phone doesn't have data and also seems to have no carrier service....I guess it may have been cancelled. . I didn't know about the medical emergency number thing so tried that, but no use! 

We'll take it into Vodafone or the police I think.

Thanks for your help.

kids

Great that you bothered to try.

You will probably be best taking it to Vodafone as if your local police station is anything like mine they no loger accept lost property, they suggest you try social media to locate the loser :smileyfrustrated:

BandOfBrothers

@Johnno99 wrote:

Thanks all so far........unfortunately, the phone doesn't have data and also seems to have no carrier service....I guess it may have been cancelled. . I didn't know about the medical emergency number thing so tried that, but no use! 

We'll take it into Vodafone or the police I think.

Thanks for your help.

You're Welcome. 

Well done that your integrity has made you do the right thing. 

Current Phone  >