Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

specland1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
The previous eforum statement had hope that Vodafones decision isn't final and they listen to their customers but that's panning out to be a long way from the truth.
I believe it's time to start looking seriously at other networks.

There is a similar outcry from o2 users too, a lot of them are moving to EE & Three as they are the only major network providers who are directly offering the phone, also a lot of people have had poor experiences with Carphone Warehouse so they are now limited for choice.....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HTC-10/td-p/963893/highlight/true/page...

IWonder
4: Newbie

@zorica

Since it's launch on the 12th I have questioned Vodafone 4 times about the HTC 10 the first time in the customer retention team I was told they didn't know anything but couldn't imagine why they wouldn't sell it.  The second time they were much more vague but still said similar.  The third was by an email which got a reply of we don't deal with complaints so go on to live chat, it is the Live Chat response that was more promising.

As @burso83 said, it would seem that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.  The representative assured me in his words "Let me ensure you that we have already got the confirmation about the stock from the manufacture and soon it will be at our warehouse".  I repeated everything to him including the above and asked him if he could just confirm to me that what I had repeated was true, he said it was.

So, assuming Vodafone aren't trying to mislead their customers (which I hope they wouldn't) it would seem that they will be geting the phone in.  Like many of you I have waited to upgrade to this phone because I like HTC, it may be that there are better phones, it may not, either way they would be mad not to stock it as it will be (I am sure) hugely popular and many sales would be missed on their part as customers or potential customers went elsewhere.

IWonder

@Danni, I just noticed your post saying that you are definitely not stocking the HTC 10.  Please could you let us all know why it is that your Live Chat team are saying otherwise, because surely if we are being misled, that is reason enough to leave.

IWonder

I spoke to the Vodafone customer retention department at length after reading the update to the post by @danni and they were very helpful.

They still couldn't give me a 100% definite answer but the representative questioned four managers about the HTC 10 and whether they would be stocking it. Two said that they would definitely be stocking it as they have done with other recent HTC models, two said maybe.  The answer was left that for sure they would know one way or the other by the end of the month.

So, I know it's not a definitive answer, but it is still a definite possibility.  All parties need to get together and talk to each other I think. I hope this helps all of you who, like me, are awaiting the new HTC 10 in their pockets 🙂

@danni or Carly?!

Based on your reply, should I then assume the information provided by multiple chat advisors confirming stock of HTC 10 was incorrect/misleading?! Where did they get this information from? Surely they would not make it up, there must have been a source. Your customer service already scored badly in customer satisfaction surveys and I don't see this getting any better soon if you continue doing what you are doing. Could you please let me know how should I understand this mismatch of information? Thank you

IWonder

@burso83 Just what I thought, no doubt you'll have seen my multiple posts today.  Wasted far too much time trying to get an answer, the retention team were very helpful and seemed fairly certain (2 definites, 2 maybes from managers).  Just seems that all areas of Vodafone need to get together so they can all talk about what is going to happen so that they are all singing from the same song sheet.

@IWonder, thanks for the info. Since my posts about the info from chat I also talked to the sales team member on the phone. The lady checked with her manager(s) and the news was: "we have no information on stocking HTC 10" as of no current plans unfortunately. I'm not happy to wait and see, as HTC directly currently offers 10% off the £569 price which is a decent offer.

zorica
@IWonder
Thank you for providing us with update. To be honest I'm not really trust worthy with Vodafone customer services, when I had personal issues with my contract last year it was a hell of experience just because different people were telling me different things until one person knew correct information and sorted out issue (after about 30 calls and lot of shouting - unfortunately).

@burso83
I agree with you, there is no point waiting around and miss out on good deals for pre-orders. 10% is valid until 30th of April and also there is more contract offers available daily.

I know it hassle for everyone here including myself to switch or make alternative arrangements but seems that Vodafone is not giving us any other choice.