Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have the LG G4. Shoot your questions this way

K2Climber
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I'm among the few lucky ones given the chance by LG and the insiders to test out the LG G4 before it makes it to the market. I have the handset now and I am also on Vodafone so shoot your questions my way and I'll spend a couple of minutes every day answering as many as I can.

Best,

28 REPLIES 28

Brilliant, thanks :Smiling:

Brilliant, thank you :Smiling:

B-12345
11: Established
11: Established
Did you manage to test it? :Smiling:

K2Climber
Sorry been away for a while. The G4 takes a micro sim while my Z3C's is a nano so i couldn't

No problem. Thank you for your help throughout the thread.

iainsymac
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have had the G4 for 2 weeks now and I love it.

No issues with battery life as everyone else seems to have.

There are a couple of issues though.........

Notifications...I do not always get "home screen" notifications unless I actaully open the app, BBM and Gmail in particular.

And in Smart Settings, for switching  wifi, data, bluetooth etc on and off in home and at work does not work. I have location finder switched on, but in Smart Settings "settings", home finder is greyed out.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Iain

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iainsymac

I've not got a LG G4 to hand so can't check the exact steps however, within the settings menu you'll be able to set up notifications.

You'll need to go into each individual app to set these up.

For Smart Settings please make sure you go to Settings > General > Location and make sure that My place is enabled. This allows your LG G4 to know where your home is. Now the phone should be able to detect your home location automatically, based on your location history.

Hi Sukhi,

Thanks for the reply. I managed to change the "find my home" setting, so all good there.

As for the app notifications, I've tried everything but still can't get a icon notification on the home screen for BBM or Gmail. I only see a message when I open the app. They both vibrate tho.

Cheers,

Iain 

Hi, new comer here!
I apologise for stepping into your thread as this is completely off topic but by any chance did anyone order their G4 from vodafone and have not yet had it delivered to them? I can't seem to get any help from the vodafone support team as they keep giving me generic answers and keep moving me from department to department. It seems like the staff has been given a script to read to the customer everytime they have a problem instead of actually chasing it up and resolving it.