cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Insurance have given me a phone which doesn't work properly.

MustangSally
4: Newbie
Hi there,

Quick question guys. I have an iPhone 6s brought at the end of June. It started acting strange. Screen flashing etc and Insurance put it down to water damage and exchanged it. The whole process took about a week to take in store and pick up the new one but the manager at my local Vodafone store is rude and arrogant and not someone I really want to deal with again; which brings me to today. Not even two weeks later and this new phone is behaving strangely. Background shaking sometimes, camera button lagging, the wake up feature when you pick up the phone doesn't always work and now when you press and hold the home button and side button for a restart and I'm getting horizontal lines and random colours. There clearly is a problem with the screen and it is no doubt a reconditioned phone which the guy in the Vodafone shop claimed they are not. They are new but because they are given out without chargers and headphones etc they are not titled new. What rubbish.

What is the best and quickest option to deal with this? Would insurance do this all by courier?

Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The insurers may be able to do it via courier but you'd need to ask them the question.  As they provided you with a faulty phone, they will probably be able to resolve this for you.  What have they said when you spoke to them?

PWIAC

Ok so I have spoken to Insurance and they have said they will request for the Repair Centre to call me back to resolve this issue. Theys said they may be able to give me a postal bag to send it back in. I have to say though I'm not at all happy. I pay my insurance fee, I have paid the £60 excess and they are shipping out dud phones as replacements!

Hi @MustangSally

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation. 

Have our repair centre been in touch with you? 

Thanks, 

Sarah

MustangSally
Not yet @Sarah_L

Hi @MustangSally

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this looked into.

Regards, 

Meg-B

Thanks Meg, I will fill in the form you sent me but I think it's pretty shocking that I have been given a faulty phone, then promised that I would get a call back to resolve this and then nothing.  Come on Vodafone, you need to improve customer service here. 

Hi @MustangSally

Apologies for the service you have received so far. Once the form is submitted the team will work hard to get this rectified.

Regards, 

Meg-B

MustangSally
With respect meg b, you say the team will work hard to get this rectified. I have done all that you have asked and filled in the 'social Hub resolution' form two days ago and not heard anything.

Getting more disappointed by the hour. 6 days since I reported this and what have Vodafone done? Nothing......

So I thought I would update as to what is happening .  After many phone calls and emails back and forth verifying each and every little detail - I was told last Monday that I would receive a bag to send my phone back in within two working days; Friday it arrived. Now this is 3/4 weeks since I reported a problem with the replacement phone . I am absolutely disappointed with VodAFone and am getting more so every day. 

Does anyone know if  the new legislation for cancelling phone contracts covers shoddy service and not just network coverage ? ?