cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is Vodafone's firmware available for download?

Leppa
3: Seeker

Does Vodafone release its phones firmware? And if so, where? I own a Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo (890N) and have been searching for its firmware for some time now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Leppa

I've checked and we're unable to provide you with the firmware itself. If you visit one of our Vodafone stores, they'll be able to get this sent off for repair.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

There is some relevant information in this link > Vodafone Firmware Statement.

As they cannot give timeframes its best practice to keep checking the software update section in the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Leppa
That doesn't answer my question. I meant, is firmware available for download on the internet? As in, the current firmware?

Leppa
Oh, and I have read the Firmware Statement.

BandOfBrothers

To flash a custom rom / firmware onto a phone I would suggest visiting the xda developers site to learn the pro's and con's of doing so. 

Link > xda-developers.com

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Leppa
My phone isn't really supported, so I'd have to port everything myself, ergo, I need stock firmware.

Plus, my main usage is for debugging apps. In order to do that, I need device drivers. The ones on the internet only connect as a media device. ADB doesn't see my phone at all.

Leppa
Can you at least point me towards the OEM Drivers?

Leppa
Ok. It's page does have a link to its source code, except it gives me code for the smart 4 power, which is completely different. If I used it, my phone would be in an unrecoverable state.

63johnw

@Leppa wrote:
Ok. It's page does have a link to its source code, except it gives me code for the smart 4 power, which is completely different. If I used it, my phone would be in an unrecoverable state.

Hi, its never a good idea to install firmware thats meant for a different device, whilst I cant say for certain it wont work, from reading stuff like this for years you are more likely to brick your phone in my opinion, not a risk I would want to take.

Leppa
I meant that the Smart 4 Turbo's page gives me the Smart 4 Powers's code. Why is this?