Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kindle Fire 3g & vodafone starter kit & europe

FionaCulshaw
2: Seeker
I want to buy a Kindle Fire 3g and vodafone starter kit but I want to be able to use it in Europe. Is this possible? If not what can I do to use 3g in Europe on Kindle Fire
5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I'm not sure what you are referrring to as the Vodafone Starter Kit.  I am guessing that you referring to either the SIM Only or PAYG Internet only plans which you will find here.  You will be able to use your device in Europe, although please be aware that it is quite pricey to do so, more about the prices here

PWIAC

FionaCulshaw
Thanks, it's the vodafone starter kit you get with the Kindle, I'll call them as Amazon don't seem to know either. Was really wondering if they have the equivalent of Euro traveller for Kindle or whether to just get wifi and then use my iphone hotspot

drey_p

I'm not 100% sure what they are trying to sell you.  I am guessing it may be a PAYG Internet only line.  It could be a WiFi device.  I would advise that you check with the store you are purchasing the Kindle from.

PWIAC

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Vodafone Starter kit appears to be a product sold by VF australia so being as we are on the UK site are we talking about VF australia or VF UK

Anyway to work with a kindle fire you will need a mobile handset or wi-fi dongle capable of outputting an infrastructure mode signal, as the fire cannot see ad hoc wi fi networks 

look for a dongle or handset capable of teathering several devices at once

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

To use your iphone as a hotspot, you obviously need to be using two devices at once instead of one.   However, if you don't mind that, it'll be a lot cheaper than paying the extra for a 3G Kindle and a data connection.