Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G Flex 2 Overheating

vrbarreto
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone.. Had my GFlex 2 for about 2 weeks now and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with it overheating..

Mine will randomly get very warm and stop responding.In some instances the phone will just be in my pocket and warm up to a quite uncomfortable temperature..

The heat always seems to start from the top of the phone and work it's way down?

I've asked the nice customer services people to take the phone in for a look but was wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Vince.

59 REPLIES 59

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply.. My ultimate question is.. what happens if the replacement exhibits the same issues as the original phone? For example I'm using my old HTC one whilst the phone is away and it doesn't heat up at all and I'm using it in the same way I was using the Flex g2.

Best wishes

Vince.

Hi Vince, Jenny,

I have exactly the same issue. My phone is about 4 weeks old also, I hadn't realised you can return and ultimately request a different phone type within a 14 day period. I wish I had known/remebered that.

My research also points to the Snap Dragron processor being at fault. I'm about to send my phone in today and what I requested is that I'm told what they will do in an attempt to fix it. If, as I suspect, it will be to apply further throttling to the CPU then I don't see this acceptable. Ultimately this will slow the response of the phone further. The phone is very slow when it is overheated (which is often), and slow compared to Samsung/iPhone of similar age when not overheated. I will wait to see what happens over the next week. If the result is not desirable then I'll be seeking further action.

Regards

Good afternoon, 

We haven't been made aware of this being a known issue. We'll only be able to offer a repair

You can always seek a second opinion from the manufacturer directly. 

Thanks, 

Kay

I'm having exactly the same problems as everyone else on this page. Frankly a disgrace that the LG G Flex 2 is being sold. I've sent it in for repair and it came back with the same problems. I have now sent it in for repair a second time and judging by everyone else who has done the same on this page I have very little hope it will come back working as expected, so I'm considering taking further action unless Vodafone give me the option of changing model altogether. I ask everyone who is having trouble with this phone to comment on this thread or speak to Vodafone about it so something gets done. Its a complete shambles and makes me very angry as I am paying for Vodafone to constantly repair disfunctional phone that I will never get to use. 

Hello @treetreetree2

I'm sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately we're not able to swap your phone for a different make/model. You can see more info on our warranty help page. 

We're only able to send your phone off for another repair.

Thanks, 

Amanda

Yes but how many times can you realistically sent my phone off for repair if it is clearly not fit for purpose. You're effectively telling me to spend £40 a month to constantly have vodafone repairing a phone which I never get to use. Its a disgrace that you are not even acknowledging that there is a clear problem with this model phone let alone attempt to do anything about it. I will end up having to take further action.

I've been in contact with LG.. They've told mne that as it is a recent handset they haven't heard of reaccuring issues but also to come back directly to them if I have no luck with Vodafone.. I hope Vodafone can resolve this issue and if it is the same with the replacement handset I will reasses my options then.. I can also see how some are getting a tad annoyed as I'm begining to beleive that there may be a fundamental issues with the processor in this phone...

Please can you stop trying to kick this under the rug, there is a problem which needs to be addressed and the customer service has been useless making no attempt to do anything or even try and help.

The best thing for all those who are having the same problem with this particular handset is to report it to the manufacturer, LG and bypass Vodafone, perhaps the fault will then be further investigated properly and a solution found, seems like it's an inherent fault with the phone. Vodafone however is not exemt from offering to replace the phone under warrantee and should not be telling you that they can only replace it with the same model, I believe that under consumer Law they are required to 'supply the same or a replacement of the same specification'.

The law is that they must supply a product fit for purpose which this phone clearly is not even with vodafone's pathetic attempts to try to fix them. Therefore vodafone legally do not have to change the phone for one of the same model if it doesnt work. Legally therefore we should either bbe allowed to cancel our contracts or be given a different model phone by vodafone. If vodafone dont show any decency and take one of these actions within the next two weeks I will be forced to go to an ombudsman.