Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G2 won't send or receive texts

Ianra2005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
After 12 months with no problem my phone now won't send or receive sms messages. I phoned Vodafone and they tried a coup,e of things, the last one being to try to connect to another network and then reconnect to Vodafone. I have hard reset the phone but no luck. Just installed Google Messenger and when I tried to send an sms I got an error message Vodafone UK error 28. Anyone else had this! Hope it's not the phone as it is now out of guarantee.
BTW everything else on the phone works as normal.
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Can you Try your Sim in another phone as elimination to rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

If the sim works fine and send texts in an alternative phone then we need to look at the phone.

LG has a 24 month warranty. For phone support http://www.lg.com/uk/support

If the sim won't send texts in another phone then it's your account or SIM card is failing.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

One thing you could try would be to find the default messaging app in Settings|Apps and doing Clear Data on it.  That sometimes kick-starts recalcitrant apps.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ianra2005

Please try the steps in our network troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and we'll get back to you ASAP.