Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Location GPS

Kiragacash95
1: Seeker
Hey, we have recently purchased one of the vodafone first 6 smart phones for a 10 year old in the house.
We are having some issues with the gps, as like most people she is wanting to play pokemon go and as everyone knows you require gps to play but it wont alow us to use it
Her sim is in, she has signal and credit, the data roaming is on and so is her location/gps but whenever the game is loaded up it is saying that gps can not be found
Could anyone please suggest what could be done to solve this problem, thanks, Mariah.
4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kiragacash95

To use GPS on a mobile phone or any other navigation device, you need to be outside. Try using WiFi signal outdoors when in range, you may have stronger reception.   You also need to have mobile data turned on, data roaming is only used when you are overseas on a foreign network.

If your child is going to be using the mobile internet on a daily basis, this is going to be very expensive.  The daily charge is £2.00 per day.

It would be a lot cheaper to add a data freebee, please see the link below.  Please remember that 500mb or 1GB can quickly be used.  You can check the remaining balance by calling 2345 or through the My Vodafone on the phone or through the online account.

big Value Bundles and Freebees

PiotrLipski
1: Seeker
Hi. For me it's doesn't work if I'm inside or outside house! One day it's working other day it Not! It's really frustrating because I need to use GPS in work. For that reason I took a contract with Vodafone and it's look that it's NOT working! I try everything (resetting etc). Second day I don't have GPS. I'm a taxi driver and I really need GPS! Can someone please help me?
Btw I'm using a IPhone 6 Plus.
Thank you.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

GPS is a phone dependant functionality - it isn't network dependant (although having a connection to a network does help with getting the location)

It sounds potentially like your GPS is faulty.  Have you sent the phone off for repair?  Alternatively you can make an appointment to see a Genius at an Apple store if you have one nearby.  They should be able to check the phone over and let you know if it is a hardware issue (which I suspect it may be)

PWIAC

dizashkyal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I've just bought my son the same phone for Pokemon go. We had no trouble with the gps or installing the app but we cant get the game to fully load. It keeps taking us back to the home screen or telling us the servers are down but we've been trying for two days now. Can you tell me I your daughters phone had the same problem please?
Also if you still need help with the gps just let me know and I will tell you what to do. Thanks😊