Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Marshmallow update - LG G4

B-12345
11: Established

Hi,

after doing the android 6.0 update, the phone is stuck on the vodafone logo when booting. How can I fix this?

Regards.

30 REPLIES 30

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Some phones have a reset section. 

Make a back up before you send it off. 

The repair centres typically flash the firmware from the get go that wipes the phone too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
If you can't recover the device using a hard reset, then you'll need to send the device off for repair with either LG or Vodafone (if you got the phone from Vodafone that is)

PWIAC

B-12345

Do you know how long this takes?

drey_p

I'd imagine about a week to 10 days.

It may be worth trying a hard reset again - it is quite a fiddly process and won't work if you don't get the buttons just right.

PWIAC

B-12345

I was just told if it goes for repair it gets returned within 48 hours!

Golferben
1: Seeker
Hi, any news on this original problem?

The same thing happened with my OTA marshmallow update: stuck on the Vodafone Iogo and periodically saying it is optimising 13 vodafone apps. Let it run for few hours and then noticed it got really hot and it has burned the top left of the screen pink.

Returned to Vodafone repair who have said there is 'water damage' so 'can't touch it' (they suggested it was from shower steam). No mention on the actual problem.

Apparently the store manager will email them on Monday but they were very obstructive in store. The initial sales lady lied saying there was no manager in store and offered to send it back to the repair shop but would charge me £120!

I guess my next plan is LG. I tried to do a hard reset but it wouldn't enter bootloader.

Any ideas?

B-12345
Hi,
I had to take it into Vodafone as well. Came back repaired and the camera was then broken. Sent off for repair again and seems to be alright now. It all took six weeks! I now have Android 6.0 running.
I would try LG directly. They have commented on the issue - recent articles across the Web.
A hard reset didn't work for me either.
Good luck!

So the store manager told me he spoke to the repair centre who confirmed they 'couldn't do anything'. I asked if they had a specific reply to the actual software problem but apparantly they didn't. Just that there was water damage. 

So I gave up on Vodafone and took the phone home. I had read some more about hardware resetting and kept trying the combo of buttons. Eventually - whilst I was watching Tv and fiddling with the buttons I managed it! A hardware rest solved the issue and marshamallow is now up and running.

I like marshmalllow but my bettery life had gone off a cliff. On standby (screen off) it is losing 10% an hour! Has anyone had this problem with Marshmallow? I wonder if the battery lost alot of capacity when it got really hot during the install.

B-12345
I lost 45% in 25 minutes at first. But then I realised why...
My LG charger is finished as takes 5 hours to charge my phone. I used a Samsung S5 charger and that charges it up in about 80 minutes and had the same issue. However, if I leave it for 20 or so minutes charging when it states 100%, I get back to the normal battery life I had on lollipop.

I hope my brief explanation makes sense?!

Please note, I was resent another battery after the repair so it definitely shouldn't be the battery itself

hrym

Just to clarify on this: Vodafone, as a 3rd party repairer, aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry warranty repairs if there's any evidence of damage, or what appears to be damage.   If they say that, getthe device back and go direct to the manufacturer, who will normally take a more pragmatic view.