Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Micro SD card on Smart Prime 6

PhulcrumS
2: Seeker

I bought a 64GB micro SD card to go in my new Vodafone Smart Prime 6 but the phone doesn't recognise the card at all. When I remove the card it gives me a message saying the card has been removed. I have tried formatting the card to exFAT but this made no difference. When I tried using smaller storage cards on the FAT format they worked perfectly but on Windows I cannot format the 64GB card to the FAT format.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

13 REPLIES 13

The specs from vodafone say it should work with up to 64GB

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There have been reports of somemakes of card being "difficult", but I didn't think SanDisk was one of them.

I think I'd be inclined to drop into a Vodafone shop and see if they can help - it'll depend in the technical expertise of who's there at the time, but it's worth a go.  They may even have something that'll format the card for you.

An oldish Thread which I have only just picked up

In the original post,  Peter said that he had reformatted his card as exFAT. 

My understanding is that exFAT is it fact the default format for 64G &  128G cards. 

I have some experience of trying to make a 64G card work on my Hudl tablet.  I had to reformat it to FAT32, the default format used for smaller cards,  in order for it to work.  Tesco,  who made these tablets,  said that with Lollipop OS cards uo 128G are supported,  which implies that the default format ( exFAT) should work but for me the reformatting to FAT32 was necessary. 

Peter's experience with his phone sounds a similar story. 

carloss2016
To phulcrums I no these posts are old but wot version of android are you on. Cos when I had KitKat my phone accepted normal SD card but wouldn't accept SD ultra until one day I done an update it suddenly started working with sdultra . but I now got a smart prime 6 on lollipop and moved my 16gb from old phone to prime 6 and it worked fine up until now. For no reason my phone keeps restarting itself until I take the SD card out of my phone. But the minute I put it back in my phone powers off. Very strange.