Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Micro SD card on Smart Prime 6

PhulcrumS
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a 64GB micro SD card to go in my new Vodafone Smart Prime 6 but the phone doesn't recognise the card at all. When I remove the card it gives me a message saying the card has been removed. I have tried formatting the card to exFAT but this made no difference. When I tried using smaller storage cards on the FAT format they worked perfectly but on Windows I cannot format the 64GB card to the FAT format.

Thanks for any help,

Peter

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Are you able to test the card in another phone.

This may highlight the card as being faulty. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I haven't got another phone which would recognise exFAT, but I did manage to put a picture on the card and I could see the picture on another computer. This suggest the card is ok doesn't it?

BandOfBrothers

The specs ive read suggest the phone should be able to accept that memory storage size of card. 

Perhaps the phone does not want to play nice with the make of SD Card ?

Perhaps the SD Card wasn't seated correctly in the phone. Have you tried again. 

If you get stuck it may be beneficial dropping into your local Vodafone store. They may let you try the SD Card in a demo model. 

Current Phone  >

I've tried it several times.

The card is a san disk if that helps.

If I can't figure it out I'll go to a vodafone store if you think that will help.

BandOfBrothers

SanDisk is a good make (IMO)

It can be an avenue for help as the shop as I mentioned maybe able to advise / test your SD card in their demo models. 

I hope you get this resolved ASAP. 

Current Phone  >

Via a Google search I've found these. 

"SD card won't mount on Smart Prime 6"

"K, so further to previous posts, got son to format sd card in his Motorola running Lollipop and inserted into my phone ... instant success, now have a working 64gb sd card that is unmountable, erasable and usable.

Guess upshot is, try formatting in someone else's phone."

"

After trying countless format options and partioning tools on my PC I borrowed a friends Mac and formated my card on that... now it works fine.

Not the best solution, especialy for PC users with out acces to a Mac, but, at least for me, the problem is resolved and my phone (and card) now do everything I want and do it well Smiley Happy"

Current Phone  >

I tried it in my brothers samsung and it worked perfectly, however when I reformatted the card it still would not work in my phone. I have also tried to reformat it on my mac but I get an error message.

It's a Sandisk ultra XC 1 if this helps.

At the moment it looks like I'm going to have to get another one but I'd rather not have wasted 17 pounds.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Sorry those tips didn't help. 

Can you visit a shop to ask what I've suggested in my previous posts. 

You should have a Refund period for the SD Card you've purchased , unless it's been specifically exempt via the shops T&C’s.

Current Phone  >

hrym

Is it possible that the device isn't compatible with cards larger than 32mb?   I know that's unusual these days, but I've seen it elsewhere, especially on more basic devices.