Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto G 4G Lte don't recognise 4g vodafone

pattilover
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Just moved to Vodafone on 12 months sim only contract, but my moto g 4g don't recognise vodafone 4g!!!

It's stuck on H+, always.

Can anyone advice on how to change settings to get 4G? I've tried to no avail.

Thank you

Tori

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

H+
The next step up from H, but still not as fast as a 4G connection by quite a way. Downloads are more practical and video streaming is much more reliable. Reception for H+ is more widely spread than 4G right now. H+ is short for HSDPA+.

Can you please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Is your area showing as a 4G Catchment area ? 

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at issue. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

thank you for your reply.

On another phone (sony) 4g is enabled and working , but on my moto g (which is definitely a 4G LTE model) still not working, showing only H+.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

BandOfBrothers

Have you checked in the phones settings to see if theirs any 4G toggle On/Off Setting. 

Try turning the phone off and on. 

From you checking your SIM card in another phone and it working at least your aware the account and SIM card are ok. 

Are you able to try a friends 4G SIM card in the phone ?

Did you check your masts via the online Network Checker and have you travelled away from your local masts to see if things change. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

Now 4g is working!!!!!!

had to change the settings again.....but all ok now.

Thank you for your help.

Tori