Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Music and gallery malfunction

BonnieSmith_x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Me and my sister have had our Vodafone smart 4 turbo for just over 6 months now and both of our phones are doing the same thing. In our gallery most of our pictures are turning grey and we can't send them or see them, some of out pictures are doubling leaving one accessible and one not and we can't listen to most of our music it just closes our google music app. It might be something wrong with the SD cards we're using but seeing as it's happening on both of our devices I was thinking maybe it's happening to others? Is there a way to stop it? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
I've had similar issues on different handsets. They best thing to do is to take out the SD card and back everything up. Then do a full format, not a quick format, of the SD card using your computer. Copy your data back and it should work. That is how I solved my issue.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

If your unable to find anything in the file manager settings then you could look at a hard reset which takes the phone back to factory conditions. This will delete any saved data.

1st method

Go to menu or to notification
Click settings
Select Backup and reset -> Select Factory Reset -> Confirm
Select Reset Phone -> Erase everything -> Confirm

2nd method

Power off the phone
Press and hold Volume up (Red) + Power on (Yellow)
When options appear with Volume down (Blue) go to wipe data / factory reset and select it with Power on (Yellow)
Use Volume down (Blue) again and go to Yes and select it with Power on (Yellow)
Select Reboot system now with Power on (Yellow)

The phones will still be under their 24 month warranty so you could have Vodafone send them off for a diagnostic.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.