Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My laptop won't recognise or can't see my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone

spotbot1
3: Seeker

Trying to transfer music files to my phone but theres no icon on my laptop, it seems unable to see it. Also do I need a pc suite for it? Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Your laptop should see the phone as an external drive when hooking it up with a data cable. 

I would suggest checking that your Drivers are up to date and that no Security Suite / Firewall is perhaps hindering the laptop from recognising the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@spotbot1 wrote:

Trying to transfer music files to my phone but theres no icon on my laptop, it seems unable to see it. Also do I need a pc suite for it? Cheers.

Click on 'My Computer' on your laptop and it should show you the iPhone as a drive. (image)

spotbot1

Thanks you two but I'm afraid it's no help. I've had problems since updating to Windows 10, absolute rubbish it is. I'm a novice at this so no idea how to find uo to date drives and have looked at top for My Computer and no don't have that icon anywhere but thanks for trying.

kids

Updating drivers: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/automatically-get-recommended-drivers-and-updates-for-yo...

I agree with you as personally I think Win 10 is absolute rubbish.

You can add a My Compter icon to your desktop by following this walkthrough: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/display-my-computer-icon-on-the-desktop-in-windows-vist...

Thank you will try that & get back to you if I mess up.:smileyvery-happy:

BigD18t
4: Newbie

This is a pretty common issue. 

First off you should not need to check or update drivers. 

Plug the phone into your Laptop/Pc 

Now go into settings on the phone. 

Goto Storage then press the 3 dots top right.

once in this screen press Media Device(MTP)

you should find your PC will no show the phone. 

For some reason this phone does not ask you unlike other Android phones.

hrym

Have a look at this thread.  You need to select the correct connection protocol on the device itself.  I'm not familar with the device, so can't talk you through the menu options in detail and I also don't know why MTP isn't set as the default.

When the phone is connected, it should appear in the list of drives on the left of the screen and will probably be 😧 or E: depending on how your local hard drive is partitioned.