Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NOW TV and Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

eddieb
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can help or knows the solution!  I just got a new Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 to replace my iPhone and am incrediably impressed so far with what it can handle and the price!

My only gripe at the moment is something with the software.  I'm trying to use NOW TV on the phone and have downloaded and installed it fine and logged in.  When I attempt to stream a video however it states 'Streaming to your TV via HDMI is currently not supported'

I have been through the device settings numerous times to ensure wifi/bluetooth are off and there is no chrome cast or screen sharing happening.  The device is also not plugged into anything.  I am simply trying to watch the videos on my phone.

Is there any way around this?  I'm sure this is due to a software issue with the device/app causing it to view the device as trying to output a HDMI feed.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eddieb

Stupid me!

Just updated to the latest software from Vodafone (Android 5.0.2, VF build number VDF-995NB01-UK_MR01d) and this has resolved the issues!

Hopefully this will help anyone else experienicning the same, 

Ed

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

eddieb

Stupid me!

Just updated to the latest software from Vodafone (Android 5.0.2, VF build number VDF-995NB01-UK_MR01d) and this has resolved the issues!

Hopefully this will help anyone else experienicning the same, 

Ed

eddieb:

Thanks for sharing. I also had some stability issues with the Amazon Prime Video app previously. I am really impressed that the issues have disappeared after the update.

I'm also impressed that the latest update have patched all the Stagefright exploit. Hurray!