Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

News : Android 6 - Marshmellow.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hey,

I'm always keen at keeping an eye on manufacturers offerings in the way of Mobile Phones ,and also with Operating Systems. 

I've been reading a little in the new 'Marshmellow' offering for Android and I'm impressed to say the least. 

'Google Now on Tap' looks like a contender to rival Siri from . 

"Doze is a new deep-sleep mode in Android Marshmallow. Normally, when your screen’s off you can have loads of things running quietly in the background, eating through your battery."

Source : The Lowdown. 

Any new feature that allows the end user to be able to greater control how their phone performs making it possible to optimise the phones potential can only be a positive move in my opinion. 

"Android 6.0 Marshmallow rolling out next week - when will I get Android M?"

Perhaps take a look through this interesting informative piece about the new update.  

Source : PcAdvisor. 

Android 6 - Marshmellow. 

image.jpeg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

The ability to control individual apps permissions and data access is the biggest plus for me.  Though I think that's only if they've been compiled for Marshmallow.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BandOfBrothers

Thanks for the information.

The update does sound exciting. 

Do people find that they're actually using voice services such as Siri and Cortana? :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

@Sukhi wrote:

@BandOfBrothers

Thanks for the information.

The update does sound exciting. 

Do people find that they're actually using voice services such as Siri and Cortana? :Smiling:

@hi @Sukhi

I do use Siri for creating events and reminders. I've also used 'her' for starting a phone call and sending text messages. The recent iOS 9 has greatly improved the feature too. 

And to ask the usual silly questions to see what the return answers are. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I've used Google's voice commands successfuly, but more for fun than anything else.  I've also tried out Indigo voice assistant, a 3rd party Android app, that's very good and can do a few more things than Google - post to social media, for instance.

Voice commands might be more use if you had a wearable device or wer eusing a headset.   Being able to make a call or take a note without interacting with the device directly - if it was in your pocket or you were driving - would be handy.