Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 Crashing

sneakyspriggs
4: Newbie

Hello,

I bought a new Nexus 6 phone on monthly contract around January this year. I love it and it's a good phone. However, since the day I got it, it will sometimes randomly just turn off. It seems to have no pattern at all to the problem, sometimes it will be weeks before it happens again and sometimes it will keep turning off multiple times in a row (after I put it back on). I was assured that it was a software, not hardware bug, so didn't exchange the phone. Several updates later and it still does it. It's most annoying because sometimes when it turns off it does other things, like forgetting all the wifi passwords I have stored, deleting all my saved spotify music (so I have to redownload over 2000 songs), etc. What can I get done about this as it's gotten to the point where I'm just too fed up with it now to put up with it.

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Personally I would have swapped it within the 14 day cooling off period if on contract from Vodafone

Have you thought about a hard reset especially after OS firmware updates.

Please create a back up first as this will delete data in your phones memory

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en-GB

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I was going to do this but several people told me t was just a software bug and would be patched, and as it's quite difficult for me to get to the store I believed them. Unfortunately I have done several hard resets and it makes no difference. Is there anything that can be done or am I stuck with it?

Ah ok.

I appreciate the frustration you must be feeling.

You can yes wait to see if a patch remedies the issue.

You can also liaise with the manufacturer.

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

Current Phone  >

I spoke to Motorolla, they said I should send it for repair. How do I go about that?

If you don't want to try waiting f for a patch then you could visit your local Vodafone store and they'd send it to their 3rd party repair centres but to be honest I'm guessing they'll just re flash the OS firmware and send it back.

Or my recommend route is to liaise with Motorola and they would possibly arrange for collection or a bag through the post.

http://hellomoto.sbe-ltd.co.uk/

Please create a back up before proceeding with either and take time / date stamped photographs to prove its condition prior to sending it off or handing it in.

Current Phone  >

Yep thanks, my bad Motorola meant to send it to them, they just gave me all the details, so I will do that.

Thanks

Best of luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

hrym

If you haven't already, try a factory reset.   It'll be part of the repair process, so you won't have lost anything.  Don't forget to back up your content and make sure your contacts and calendar are fully sync'd first.

Hey again guys,

I have an attached question with regard to my above one, so thought I'd just add it here. Motorola say they need a "proof of purchase" from vodafone when I send them my phone for repair. I bought it online and only have a confirmation email, they said it's not enough and to get something more from Vodafone. How would I do this and what would I ask for?