Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oneplus X - mobile data issues

JRGC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently bought a Oneplus X from their UK website.  All should be fine with the freq bands for 2g, 3g and 4g from what i've read.  Considering I live in London I should be able to recieve all 3 signals fine, and used to on my old Nexus 5.  But I can only recieve and make calls and texts - no data of any kind.  Phone will show that it is connected and displays LTE/H but when I try and use the data, no luck.  

I have tried updating the APN settings manually and tried a new sim.

Been into 2 vodafone stores who both told me that vodafone has an issue with dual sim phones & data - and no one knows why.  Completely unpromted and one asked if it was dual sim device when I showed them the issue, without knowing anything about the phone.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? 

Also have tried an EE sim in the phone and all worked OK, so pretty sure this isn't a fault of the phone.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @JRGC

Welcome to the eforum. 

A similar thread which may help. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/One-Plus-X-APN-Settings/m-p/2454118/highlight/true#M1...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, I've seen this thread and already tried entering the APN settings manually - didn't help unfortunately

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

May I ask -> Is the phone an import or one that's for the uk market place ?

Current Phone  >

I purchased it directly from their UK website, so I can only assume it's for the UK market

BandOfBrothers

@JRGC wrote:

I purchased it directly from their UK website, so I can only assume it's for the UK market

Sadly that's not always guaranteed as some online shops source phones from sources where the phone hasn't been released for the uk market. 

We we had a recent thread where the Op couldn't get 4G because the online store he used were selling models of phones that wouldn't work on Vodafones frequency spectrum. 

Current Phone  >

I bought it directly from the Oneplus UK website - https://oneplus.net/uk/oneplus-x - as I am aware of the problems with the freq bands on other regional models.

Weirdly I tried browsing the internet using the data a little earlier and it worked fine for a couple of minutes, and then stopped.  

Because it worked fine with an EE sim I feel like the issue is with Vodafone here

hrym

I'd be inclined to take this up with the manufacturer.  The most likely explanation is that the device isn't, as bandofbrothers said, compatible with the frequencies Vodafone uses.   The problem is often that devices use 850 mhz rather than the 800 that Vodafone 3G is on.  Try restricting the phone to 2G and see what happens (I know this isn't a satisfactory long-term solution).

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I am not sure it is a manufacturer issue.

Getting LTE/H as a signal means you are connected to the network, and it works with a different provider.

It does sound like either the APN is incorrect, or the phone isn't using it correctly.

Are you on PAYG or Contract? and which APN have you tried?

APN: internet

User: web

Pass: web

Is the standard one for a contract account.