Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone damaged by Voda. Help required

Privateb84
1: Seeker
Months ago on my Samsung S6 stopped charging and stopped working I took it to my local Vodafone store who sent it away for repair. it came back with supposed water damage although this phone has never been near water. The guy in the store told me that this was a common "get out" for Vodaphone and told me to send it to Samsung direct.

Samsung have looked at the phone and sent it back saying there has been unauthorised rework done inside the phone, and the damage this has caused is more than the phone is worth. They are refusing to repair it through the warrenty as they inform me that as the back has been taken off the warrenty is void...

Where do I stand with getting Vodafone to replace my handset? It's only 6 months old, they were the only people to ever have the phone, and in my opinion are the ones who damaged it. What can I do, please advise.

Thanks ryan
1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It's going to be a case of trying to prove the Vodafone repair centre caused damage whilst in their care. 

Regarding water indicators it does not always mean the phone has been dunked in water. Rain droplets , sudden temperature change can cause this. 

If this was my situation I'd provide Samsung's report to Vodafone customer service and ask if they can intervene to see what they can or be prepared to do. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.