cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Purchased an xperia z2, did an imei check, it was wrong.

Ilikesony
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I purchased an xperia z2 on ebay (i know) now before I purchased I checked the imei online, said it was not blocked/blacklisted, so purchased it, tried various sim carriers in it, but nothing worked, did another imei test and it came up.saying it's barred by Vodafone, I'm not with Vodafone myself anymore (wife is) so I brought it being told it was unlocked and looks unlocked via the secret menu sim lock coding, but a factory refresh shows the Vodafone firmware as you get the Vodafone carrier apps appear, now I need to know if there is any way of rectifying the issue of this phone, with Vodafone to get it useable on all networks rather than it be a little tablet only, some outstanding bill? Or something to pay (as long as it's not to much) any help please, much appreciated in advanced, thankyou.

11 REPLIES 11

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Thanks for clarifying that Annie_N

PWIAC

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Ilikesony wrote:
Very helpful answer, turns out it was a lost phone, claimed on insurance, was found and it's now been sold on about twice, I may have a chance of getting hold of the original owner, but we'll see.

@Ilikesony Now you have accepted a discount on the phone as it is blocked that finishes your chances of getting a refund through PayPal as you have accepted the condition

You would have been better off asking for a full refund and if the seller had refused raised a dispute with PayPal and your money would have been refunded.