Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 camera glass shattered

Vshowarth
2: Seeker

Last night my galaxy s7 was sat on my table at home and the glass covering the camera just popped and cracked. has this happened to anyone else? I have read other forums where this seems to be happening to more and more people's phones?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Touch wood it's not happened to my s7 edge. 

I think you'll need to speak with Samsung Uk support to see what they are prepared to do for you. They'd need to believe this wasn't user caused. 

If you have a Samsung Service Centre local you could pop in there too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

liam135db
3: Seeker
Hi, mine broke within a few weeks of getting the phone.
It was in its case at the time, in my pocket. I assumed I had been very unlucky with and managed to damage it, despite not knowing how it was possible.
It looks like this is now becoming fairly well known as an issue as there is a class action suit building in the US.
Here'sa link to the article that made me realise this wasn't just me:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Latest-issue-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-rear-camera-lens-mysteriously-shat...

There are links at the end of the article to the US samsung forum where there is a growing number of people reporting this spontaneous failure of the glass, and to the lawyers building the suit against samsung.

Hi

Thanks for sharing this. Samsung have ignored this issue and wanted £204 to replace that glass! They claim to have never heard of this happening before, their tech guy in one of their own stores wasn't interested. I will watch the progress on this now. 😊

Vicky

I had exactly the same problem.  Camera glass broke just when the phone was lying on a table.  One of the speculation on various forums I have been reading in the last 24 hours is that the pressure built by phone case could be causing it.  Does any of you have a case on it?  I have a Spigen case.  I'm upset that i have to shell out something between £80 and £140 to get this repaired.

Vshowarth
I also have a Spigen case on my phone. I have had several issues with the phone going red hot and freezing. First time I had to wait 30 mins before it would reboot. 2nd time I had to force a re-set. Samsung have no idea what is wrong..they just look to see the software is up to date. The camera glass cracking was just strange but it appears it's happening to lots of people now.

liam135db
Mine is, and always has been an official Samsung smartview case. I quite like the way it presented the clock on my s4 so naturally got another when I got the S7

BandOfBrothers

I use the Official black leather case that my s7 edge clips into. 

Covers the back and sides. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have now given my phone for a repair.  It is costing me £140 as they are claiming the camera needs to be replaced too.  I'm extremely frustrated with Samsung.  I have reported this to BBC Watchdog and I encourage people to make some noise so Samsung can look into this.  I'm not going to buy another Samsung if they don't get this back right for me.  I have lost all trust in them.  I may just be one they'll say, but if everyone raises their voice out loud, may be they'll hear.  One thing the guy at the store said is its nearly a year old phone, so the focus will be on Galaxy S8 not S7.