Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung s7 edge keeps crashing

erd
1: Seeker

40 days old S7 edge keeps crashing over and over again.I did the factory reset as recommended maybe 4-5 times still crashing ,i did not install any programs or games, when i am using the internet just to read the news the phone freezes and restarts it takes nearly 8-10 minutes to restart and while restarting it gets pretty hot,i mean really hot now they don't want to exchange the phone with a new one because it passed the 30 day period .Now they want the phone to be collected and checked by the repair team .Will they just install or update or downgrade the firmware or will they check the battery,cpu,etc if so the phone becomes refurbished after 40 days.I said to them i don't want a refurbished phone after 1 month why do i pay nearly £500 for a refurbished phone i want a brand new phone that's why i am paying for but these are the rules after 30 days.

We will see what's going to happen? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If this was my phone I'd look at force stopping apps that could be causing an issue. And disable any bloat ware that came on the phone. 

Clear caches of apps. 

The factory reset is indeed one way of resolving such issues. 

Are you on the most recent firmware update. 

I use the s7 edge too. 

Mine was purchased from the Samsung Experience Store in my city centre. 

Have you thought of speaking with Samsung uk support and or check to see if there is a Samsung Services Centre near you?

After 30 days the network would only offer for it to be looked at under the 24 month warranty. 

The Samsung shop I bought mine from gives 28 days to swap it out and after that it's really 24 month warranty. 

As far as I'm aware all the networks offer a refurbished phone after the Returns period has elapsed. 

Yes one of the processes they'll do is a firmware update so please do ensure you have backed up your information. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks for the advise which i did most of them my problem is if they'll just update the firmware that is fine with me but if they open the s7 edge case and change the battery etc and while doing that if any part of the phone gets scratched or anything then it will become a refurbished phone and i won't accept that cause i am giving them a spotless phone in immaculate condition not working properly though.

When they say they'll update the firmware isn't that what we do or the phone itself does as soon as you begin to use the internet, the phone updates itself or gives a warning that latest version is available.I did the update and it crashed, one time i selected not to do the update and crashed.

People on other forums say the same thing one by one uninstall the apps you just download from google play etc so you can see which app causing problems.I mean how can this be the solution,so i cannot use the phone properly how should i know which app or game will crash the phone how can someone use a smart phone like that in fear whether the phone will restart next week or couple of months after installing something.Whenever i want to download something should i think whether it will crash or not.

i am now using my htc one m8 which is 2 years old, in these 2 years i never saw the phone crashed or even freezed at all.

i think some of the edge series are defective there are people having these issues and some of them fixed by changing the phone with a new one,after that no more problems while using the same apps. 

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Yes they tend to always flash the firmware as this can tend to be the issue in the first place. 

It is generic advice to start removing the most recent apps one by one to see if a rogue app is at fault. 

Personally I always use the playstore and not side loading any apps. 

Before letting them send it off take time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned on to prove it's condition before you sent it. Ask the Vodafone employee to note it's condition on their systems too. 

As I say it would be worth speaking with Samsung on this too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.