Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky apps don't work on Vodafone smart prime 6

Jrshafe
3: Seeker

No sky apps work on the Smart Prime 6 because Sky requires removal/ compete disabling of Miracast, and this isn't possible without a patch/ update from Vodafone.

Could you please provide this update asap? (I've tried turning Miracast off, uninstalling and reinstalling etc etc.)

7 REPLIES 7

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jrshafe - We don’t have any details on when updates will be rolled out and what will be included, but you can keep an eye on this forum for any conversations about updates after they’ve been completed.

For more info, check out our firmware statement.

Jrshafe
You can't confirm that Vodafone will ever do anything to address this issue?

@Jrshafe - As soon as we have any further Firmware updates, they’ll be pushed out to the phone.

Bullerboy32

whats going on with this miracast issue ???

I bought a Microsoft 535 Sim Free recently for the screen size so I could watch Sky Sports..................I then found out windows is not supported to watch the sky apps..my bad, I should have checked.....................so today I go into my local Vodafone shop and explain I need a big screen phone at a reasonable price to watch Sky .............I was recommended the Smart Ultra 6, loved the look of it so bought it : ).   After many failed attempts at getting the skygo app to work I checked the net.............so I find by reading all these forums  and other stuff on the Net and also Skys comments Vodaphone know fine well the Sky Apps do not work on this phone, I'm sorry but that is miss selling. I would,nt mind so much if there was a fix on its way but this "cannot comment" marlarky is not on - Its your product, you are selling it. Theres something wrong here guys, not a good for customer retention............so any news, updates of a fix?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bullerboy32

I understand your frustration at having bought a phone that the Sky Apps don't work on.

As Laura mentioned previously in the thread, as soon as we have any further Firmware updates, they’ll be pushed out to your phone.

You're more than welcome to return the phone within 14 days. Just pop back into the Vodafone store you bought it from, with the phone and proof of purchase and we can arrange this for you.

Jrshafe
I think it would be a lot less frustrating if Vodafone could inform us what's happening to resolve the problem and when a patch might be available. I'd completely understand if this takes a month (or whatever) to resolve, but need better communication.

At the moment, all I've been told is "you'll get an update when you get it- probably never- now go away"

Yerman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I jusybhad a similar experience. Shop staff didn't know about problem until I pointed out the forum grumbles. I also like the phone otherwise so I negotiated a rebate on my contract with a note on it to review in 3 months. If enough people adopt this approach it concentrated Vodafone software developers minds wonderfully 🙂